Backhoe valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #1  

Duckdogs

Tractor
Kioti CK30
every time I take the backhoe on or off I have to lay on my back & reach up with a little wrench & open or close this thing. Is it possible to put a handle on it to make it a little easier?

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #2  
I have a CK30 gear, and my backhoe hydraulics are controlled by one of my rear remotes. I just put the lever in the neutral position, and disconnect the hoses. I would talk with your dealer, or whoever you bought your tractor from about this.

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #3  
When I first added the bh, the dealer sold me the same valve and hose setup. It is a Kioti kit. It does get to be a pita as you know. I thought about drilling a small hole in the fender and then making a wrench setup. I think the wrench for an acetalyne tank valve would work. I finally changed to a regular rear remote valve that I can control easily and use for other things. If I remember prices correctly, the valve you have is half the cost of a remote valve. @(150 vs 325) back in 2006.

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #4  
Just thought of another way without turning the valve. The bh valves are open center valves meaning there is hydaulic fluid always running through them. You could get a short piece of hose with two male QDs on each end and after removing the bh hoses, connect this hose into the QDs of the tractor. Fluid would flow just as with the bh attached. Just a cheaper way to get around the problem and I don't think you'd have any heat buildup because the hose is doing the same thing as the bh.

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #5  
That's what I use an 18" hose works great and you have to worry about flow. have used it twice.

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #6  
   / valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #7  
New kioti valve kit #322026 cost about $375 and allows you to power port A,b, or neutral. Cost a bit but installs easy and has a control lever that goes in the slot between your loader control and the three point control.

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #8  
every time I take the backhoe on or off I have to lay on my back & reach up with a little wrench & open or close this thing. Is it possible to put a handle on it to make it a little easier?

I just purchased a backhoe attachment for my CK30. The dealer hadn't made me aware that there was a requirement to operate a valve/mechanism once the backhoe was disconnected. Once I disconnected it, it sounded like the hydraulics were under severe load and in short order I turned the tractor off.
Do you have a picture and explanation for what is required when the backhoe is installed? I am assuming the opposite condition for when removed. Details I am wondering is what are the steps to disengaging/engaging the hydraulics to prevent the buildup of heat that is now occurring.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. A couple pictures would also be really appreciated to support your descriptons.

/ valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #9  
STEVES:

Your tractor uses a detented AUX valve for both the IN and OUT of the hoe. You need to
push the yellow AUX valve lever to the middle (off) position when not using the hoe, and
esp when the hoe is removed. (photo)

Do NOT operate the hoe with the valve detented in the wrong position. That reverses the
flow thru the hoe and will damage the hoe's valves.

You also must not hook the hoe back up backwards. I use mixed-gender QA connectors
so I do not do that accidently.

Attachments

• spd_cntl5.jpg
    spd_cntl5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
   / valve for rear hydraulic CK30 HST #10  
I don't believe Kioti still makes that "hose kit" as I had originally installed and referred to in my previous post. You should have the remote valve and control lever as dfkrug posted. With BH off, it has to be in the center position or you will dead head the fluid flow, put strain on the hydraulic pump, and eventually have to replace the pump. If you happen to have that hose kit somehow, meaning no yellow lever to move, see df's picture, let me know. I have pictures of that different valve and can advise what you need to do.