Video editor

/ Video editor #1  

JRobyn

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330HST
Hey guys,

I've seen that some of y'all on here are very good with video work. I have a few "raw" videos that I'd mostly just like to "trim" some bits out of the middle of. Every editor I've tried makes it (seem to be) extremely difficult to do this. Any good, easy, video editor apps to recommend?

/ Video editor #2  

TractorGuy

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere 4310 CUT, Ford New Holland 575E Industrial Backhoe, John Deere F725 Front Mount Mower
In Windows Movie Maker you click where you want to start the delete and split the video. Do it again at the end of where you want to delete then select that section and hit the delete key. The program is simple to use and understand but doesn't always render a good finished product for me.

Using Sony Vegas Movie Studio you can click on the point of the movie you want to start the removal, hold down the shift key, arrow to the point you want to end, then hit delete.
The program is not very intuitive and I struggle with many of it's functions.

/ Video editor #3  

Joe Malovich

Bronze Member
Tractor
Steiner 430
Shotcut is a bit more powerful than windows movie maker. I've used it for a few lengthy videos. Plenty of good tutorials on youtube. I like it because it has more output controls than movie maker and I can really precisely trim clips. Example: Waterwheel Microhydro P1, The Dam - YouTube

/ Video editor #4  

RNeumann

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538
If u r on an iPad or Mac the iMovie works well.