Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility?

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility?
I'm thinking restoring a narrow front Ford 740 may not be for me... it does have power steering.

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility? #32  
My Son has a 900 series Ford tricycle. He gets along fine with it. I have scolded him severely about operating on slopes.

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility?
   / Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility? #35  

These were awesome for a tractor mounted two row corn picker, NO down rows to pick up. :)

They may be hard to find but Ford sold a factory wide front ends and some had both so they could swap from one to another. As a kid I saw one at a farmstead auction and it came with both.

I have NO plans to ever own a tricycle front end due to our hills and my age. Most were common long before ROPS were common.

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility? #36  
I learned to drive a tractor when I was seven. I learned what ROPS is when I was a middle aged adult. :)

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility? #37  
I learned to drive a tractor when I was seven. I learned what ROPS is when I was a middle aged adult. :)

Fits my experience also ovrszd. Our old WD45 and M Farmall was tricycle while the Super A was wide front. Early to mid 60's.

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility? #38  
First tractor I ever drove was a JD A with the flywheel on the side to start it with.

/ Vintage Row Crop vs Farm Utility? #39  
First tractor I ever drove was a JD A with the flywheel on the side to start it with.

Ours carried a spare steering wheel so the regular one didn't need to be removed. I've seen some start their JD with hands on the flywheel but that always scared me.

Bruce