Virnig Snowplow

/ Virnig Snowplow #11  
I also looked at the Virniq, but it is far too heavy for a compact. I own a Virniq rock bucket, which is good quality. Now I am looking at Sno-Way and Horst Welding blades which are in the 475-550# range.

/ Virnig Snowplow
I finally got a quote back from Iowafarmequipment.com on the 8' Virnig snowplow blade. It is $2,899 including hydraulic hoses and couplers. Truthfully, that's not as high as I thought it would be. But it's one serious implement. I think I will look at some of these others that have been suggested. They should be more reasonable in price and utility.

/ Virnig Snowplow
I am actually leaning towards the Curtis tractor blade or, less likely, maybe the Meyer diamond after reading the comments and researching the internet. On the Curtis website the photo shows the optional Skidsteer adapter bracket. Perhaps some of the guys who have Curtis blades could comment on this:
  • Is the optional Skidsteer adapter bracket necessary/useful for QA loaders?
  • Did you purchase through a local dealer or the internet?

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

/ Virnig Snowplow #15  
Glowplug said:
I am actually leaning towards the Curtis tractor blade or, less likely, maybe the Meyer diamond after reading the comments and researching the internet. On the Curtis website the photo shows the optional Skidsteer adapter bracket. Perhaps some of the guys who have Curtis blades could comment on this:
  • Is the optional Skidsteer adapter bracket necessary/useful for QA loaders?
  • Did you purchase through a local dealer or the internet?
Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
I do not have a QA Skid Steer loader. Mine is a Quick Coupler pin type loader.
I had to modify my blade attachment when I got the Quick Coupler. What a difference. I know have 5 attachments that fit the Quick Coupler. Sure is easy to switch attachments. For the size tractor you are considering. I would not purchase it without a Skid Steer type adapter. Get the Blade with the bracket.
I purchased my blade direct from Curtis. Made arrangements to have blade delivered to my Kubota dealer. This saved the residential delivery fee. I do not believe that Curtis sells the blades direct any more.

/ Virnig Snowplow
I just checked out Kubota's website. The loader for the M8540 has a skid-steer type Quick Coupler. Hmmm. But I am actually planning on getting the tractor with a Quicke Q35 loader. Hmmm. Now I'm confused.:confused: I may have to discuss this with the dealer! Hopefully I don't show my ignorance!:eek:

/ Virnig Snowplow #17  
Glowplug said:
I just checked out Kubota's website. The loader for the M8540 has a skid-steer type Quick Coupler. Hmmm. But I am actually planning on getting the tractor with a Quicke Q35 loader. MMM. Now I'm confused.:confused: I may have to discuss this with the dealer! Hopefully I don't show my ignorance!:eek:
I would hope that the loader has a Skid Steer type adapter. On their site Quicke does not show a SS adapter. But here is the states they may have one.