Planters VMC grain drill... any good?

/ VMC grain drill... any good? #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
I have a opportunity to purchase one of these in 6ft. They are asking $5k. Anyone have any experience with this company?

/ VMC grain drill... any good? #2  
I do not know any thing about the company, but will parts that wear be available if they stop supporting it, (after market companies, like shoup or agri supply),

I took an old Van Brunt John Deere 14 foot drill and cut it n half, for a 7 foot drill, drill was free, and the work was not that much,

/ VMC grain drill... any good?
Yeah that’s what I worry about. No parts no good.

/ VMC grain drill... any good? #4  
I have been thinking about getting one soon. Did you ever buy one? I’m wandering how well the work. Looking for some reviews on them now. Thanks

No to chicken to be the first. Lol

/ VMC grain drill... any good? #6  
I think I might be the 1st here shortly. Done the math & if I buy a good used drill that don’t need a lot of work and was to fabricate a Cultipacker to attach & run behind it. I would prob be somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-4500 bucks & that’s not valuing my labor. I have been told by a few implement reps that the unit looks solid.

/ VMC grain drill... any good? #7  
I think I might be the 1st here shortly. Done the math & if I buy a good used drill that don稚 need a lot of work and was to fabricate a Cultipacker to attach & run behind it. I would prob be somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-4500 bucks & that痴 not valuing my labor. I have been told by a few implement reps that the unit looks solid.

Where is it made do you know?

/ VMC grain drill... any good? #9  
Greenwood, SC is where the company is based out of from what I understand, but I can’t say where as the parts are coming from for putting the drill together.