Wahoo! Brought my D40 home today!!

/ Wahoo! Brought my D40 home today!! #1  

Guidster

Tractor
2005 Case IH D40
Well, I shopped and shopped, but finally pulled the trigger today as the grass starts to turn green around here. I got a great price from a truly great dealer (Waxahachie Equipment south of Dallas). In addition to the tractor, I got the LX116 loader with the skid steer quick attach, Bush Hog Squealer SQ84T 84" 2 spindle mower and a 3 point post hole digger. I mowed about 2 acres today and loved it! Some may remember that my dealer let me have a D35 for a weekend about a month ago. I was amazed at the difference--and glad that I opted for the 4 cylinder and extra power. I did lose my temperature reading today, so I need to look at that(loose wire perhaps), but other than that, I could not be more happy.

I have read about the mower and its apparent tendency to bend the 3 point A frame as a result of the offset. However, being an engineer with a welder, I figured that I could probably beef things up if necessary. Unlike what was described in older posts around here, the A frame appears to be quite stout. If anything, I might add a second length of chain from the A frame to the offset side of the mower to support its weight a little better in transit. Overall, I was very pleased with its performance. Cannot wait for the sun to come up tomorrow.