Chipper Wallenstein BX42 Price

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price #1  

snpower

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere GT235, GT 275, 1025R
I’m casually looking; this would be my first PTO chipper. I have a 1025R and the specs seem to support using it with my tractor. The one I’m looking at is in very good condition, good knives… $2K ask. I do not know exact age. Price seems potentially high to me… but I’m really just starting my research. I have two acres, half is wooded - lots of branches, sticks brush get hauled to the dump yearly. The mulch would be nice.

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price #2  
I bought mine used...It was in very nice condition and the blades were only used on one edge.. I paid 1800.00 or so about 5 years ago.

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price #3  
I bought a Wally BX42S - new - when I had my Ford 1700 tractor. As I remember - I paid considerable more than $2K. The Wally is a fantastic chipper and should serve you well.

I now have a Wally BX62S - new - for use on my Kubota M6040. I use it to chip the small ( 1" to 6" ) pines when I thin my pine stands. Average 800 to 1000 small pines - every other year. Six years of this and the first side of the blades are still razor sharp.

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price
Thanks for the replies. I’m mulling over whether I need one for my lot. I don’t think it would see a ton of use outside of initial cleanup.

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price #5  
Sold mine years ago for what I paid for it (bought it used). Much easier to gather a burn pile and roast the limbs and branches. Saves fuel too.

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price #6  
I understand your quandary - snpower. If I didn't use mine to chip all the pines I thin - I, most likely, would not have a chipper. Burning - in general - is a big NO, NO around here. To be safe - I only burn when there is snow on the ground. Wildfires are a major concern around here.

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price #7  
Another thought - before you purchase that BX42S Wally - check with the Wally web site to ensure they still support that model. The 32, 42 & 62 series are no longer being manufactured. The new models are now "odd numbered".

"52, 72, 92 & 102".

/ Wallenstein BX42 Price
Thanks for having my back - excellent point. Just not sure new is justified by the size of my property.