Wallenstein BX62R and Kubota 5030

/ Wallenstein BX62R and Kubota 5030 #1  

treefarmerguy

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota 5030
I have a Kubota 5030 and am looking to buy a used wallenstein pto chipper. I have an auxiliary hydraulic at the rear of the tractor. The owners manual says i need a control with a detent position which my controls don't have. I also have hydraulics for a backhoe that has no control, just an in and out port which are coupled together when the Hoe isn't on the tractor. How can I operate the chipper with these choices? Anyone have the chipper that can give a quick review? Thanks for the help.

/ Wallenstein BX62R and Kubota 5030 #2  
You could mount a valve with detent on the chipper, then connect it to the BH ports. Or get a detent kit for your Kubota's remote valve.

It looks like there is already one valve on the chipper, which is operated by the safety bar. If that valve reliably turns the feed rollers off then that's probably sufficient for direct connection to the BH ports. It might be good to be able to turn off the hydraulic flow to the entire chipper, like when you're driving too and from where you're chipping, but it does not seem like that's mandatory. I'm assuming the chipper's hydraulics flow enough that they won't be restricting the tractor's hydraulic system and generating heat.

/ Wallenstein BX62R and Kubota 5030 #3  
If your BH controls are like many other Kubota machines then you lose your 3PH when you flip the diverted valve. A lot of farmers buy a bungee cord to hold the valve open. Cheaper than buying a detent valve.

Last edited: