Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #21  
I think you're referring to the Wind Talkers. And I believe they continued after WW2 and into the Vietnam Era.

Code talkers. They used Navajo because it was an unwritten language so the odds that the Japanese even knew the language existed was extremely low. Then they used code words within the language. For example I believe for a tank they used the word turtle and things like that. Probably because the Navajo language did not have a word for tank.

I believe there were only 29 Navajo who became code talkers. They were assigned protection on the battlefield they were that valuable.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #22  
Code talkers. They used Navajo because it was an unwritten language so the odds that the Japanese even knew the language existed was extremely low. Then they used code words within the language. For example I believe for a tank they used the word turtle and things like that. Probably because the Navajo language did not have a word for tank.

I believe there were only 29 Navajo who became code talkers. They were assigned protection on the battlefield they were that valuable.
It didn't do them much good after the war was over though. It was so top secret that they were considered classified until 1968. Until that point they were just another Navajo.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #23  
I have one card I use for daily purchases - gas, food, etc. have a few others as backups - I go online and “freeze” those accounts until I need to use them. I also get text alerts for all of the cards. Very useful.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #24  
I have an online business where I get about 250 payments a month through PayPal and about 1 check a month. I have a customer or 2 every week phoning me and asking if I will take their credit card info over the phone instead of them ordering online. I refuse to do this because people paying this way will eventually get their cards charged for something they did not do and then tend to blame anyone they ever gave their number to. PayPal never gives the person's number to a retailer so they don't get a bad reputation online when someone uses their number.

By following PayPals rules I have never lost a dime nor have I ever had a customer accuse me of online theft. I purchase items online using PayPal or my PayPal debit card almost daily and have never had a problem that wasn't quickly solved.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #25  
I have an online business where I get about 250 payments a month through PayPal and about 1 check a month. I have a customer or 2 every week phoning me and asking if I will take their credit card info over the phone instead of them ordering online. I refuse to do this because people paying this way will eventually get their cards charged for something they did not do and then tend to blame anyone they ever gave their number to. PayPal never gives the person's number to a retailer so they don't get a bad reputation online when someone uses their number.

By following PayPals rules I have never lost a dime nor have I ever had a customer accuse me of online theft. I purchase items online using PayPal or my PayPal debit card almost daily and have never had a problem that wasn't quickly solved.
Good to know. I have always shied away from PayPal.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #26  
Good idea using 1 card for recurring charges (utilities, etc.) and another for daily usage so as to avoid having to contact all recurring entities when card is compromised.

"Parents use their kids SSN and name to rack up debt."
I worked for county welfare office where I'd repeatedly encounter mothers looking for and getting government assistance to pay utility bills that were in children's name. This after their own credit was in the dumpster due to poor financial management skills.
Some of these kids were behind the economic 8-ball before they even learned to walk.