WalMart Shoplifting

/ WalMart Shoplifting #161  
I've read that registers often require the answer to be input before continuing, but often clerks will answer without asking the customer, in obvious cases.

Bruce

/ WalMart Shoplifting #162  
Interesting. Here all banks here have drive thru's, and that is all I use. I never go inside.

One of my credit union's branch offices has drive thru's, but I've never used that. Instead, I go inside and they have a couple of 4 or 5 foot round, nearly chest high tables with their computer and other stuff on it, so the cashiers are just standing in the open, you can walk right up to them, stand behind or beside them and see their computer screen, etc. I've never asked, but I was sure surprised the first time I saw that arrangement. it would appear that there are NO security measures at all.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #164  
I like drive thru's but since I been hoggin duallys it don't work except if it is really raining. Then the tires rub on both sides and it is a very slow process.

Some SRW guys have a truck-ATM problem, too.

ATmtruck.jpg

Bruce

/ WalMart Shoplifting #165  
Too many window robberies I guess?

The same bank with branches in the SF Bay Area and Washington will have very nice Washington Branches and Drive Up tellers... I always attributed it to Washington Weather?
No drive up window, just the pneumatic tube. Its to reduce robberies.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #166  
I was at the bank today... walked in and about 4 in front of me...

As I am there a woman is at the lobby desk making out deposit receipts.

Several more people come in behind me...

I am now number 2 in line and just as number one gets goes to the counter the woman walks to front of the line without saying a work... I thought they might have come in together but this proved not to be the case...

Very odd but not something to make a deal over...

Unfortunately... it seems to be behavior that is more common these days...

/ WalMart Shoplifting #167  
I see that at the post office. But when lines were longer so I had longer to watch, the clerk would often tell a customer who had waited their turn to go over to the counter to fill out a form, then return to the head of the line.

Bruce

/ WalMart Shoplifting #168  
Yep... happens often at the post office... never seen it at the bank and I believe we arrived at just about the same time... the car she left in arrived just as I was pulling in...

Maybe she was in a hurry... not worth making anything over it but simple courtesy would have been nice.

I posted before about the post office two years back... the line was very long prior to Christmas... a disabled older person with two wrist canes struggled to get in and it was a struggle... to a last person about 20 motioned him forward... some were not so sure because they had their back to the line but when they saw everyone else motioning forward they got with the program... and the person thanked everyone for their kindness...

/ WalMart Shoplifting #169  
I recognize Jim Harbaugh, but I don't know the second driver. Is he a public figure?

Steve

He is a pro athlete turned sports broadcaster; don't know his name.

/ WalMart Shoplifting #170  
This is just another of those things that have changed over the years. It's been 50 years since I had a moonlighting job in a big department store in downtown Dallas. Sometimes I worked in uniform in hopes of preventing shoplifting; other times I worked in plain clothes to catch shoplifters. And as far as I know, every retail establishment in Dallas was in favor of arresting and prosecuting all shoplifters.

Then - Consequences for Bad Behaviour.

Can't imagine what went wrong since then...... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.