Wand for radiator

/ Wand for radiator #1  

downslope

Platinum Member
Tractor
MF TO-35, Ford(s) 2000, 8N, 9N, White 2-70, NH TD75D, JD 5045D
What's a good tool for blowing debris from tractor radiators, preferably amazon, ebay, TSC, etc.

/ Wand for radiator #2  
   / Wand for radiator #3  
Milton can be found on amazon, that's a fairly good air handling parts vendor.

/ Wand for radiator #4  
I use one of these - keep it behind the tractor seat when mowing the field. When the engine temp starts creeping up, just brush the chafe/seeds off of the radiator fins and screens without any damage.

67F844BB-E718-445A-8397-65C8088254A5.jpeg

/ Wand for radiator #5  
I pull out the radiator screen and use an air hose or garden hose on it. That screen is tough and durable.

I don't like to use a lot of pressure on the radiator itself. The fins bend too easily. So I use the garden hose set for a mild spray and work the water from the fan side forward. At the same time I have a a soft brush to apply some dish soap to the radiator fins. Amazing how much dirt comes off.

/ Wand for radiator #7  
I use condenser spray cleaner like ref. techs use,good heavy dose let foam up set 10 mins lightly risen.

/ Wand for radiator #8  
I have two of these. One is unchanged and the other was modified. I cross-threaded a bolt into the end, cut the bolt flush, ground it to remove the sharp edges, and made a sawcut nearly 1/2 way through the tube near the end so it blows at 90 degrees. Since there's no 90 degree bend needed, it fits in some very tight spots. I'd post a pic but the BIL borrowed it:)

/ Wand for radiator #9  
What's a good tool for blowing debris from tractor radiators, preferably amazon, ebay, TSC, etc.
I use a B&D 20v blower. Beats having to start the air compressor and to built up pressure and does as good a job.