Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog

/ Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog #1  

WayneB

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B-7500
They say if you want birds you have to hunt with an ugly dog, well this is Maltby a German Wiredhair Pointer. An he is really a bird dog for sure. He has been watching these two ducks that are on the pond behind our house for the past week or so. He has been swiming in the pond right along and walks up the brook regardless how cold it is.

He is pointing at the two ducks, no shots taken, ducks are safe

maltbyone.jpg

He is still on the point

maltb2.jpg

Oh no the ice gave way and he is in the pond

maltby3.jpg

Two attemps and he was back onto of the ice.
Not to worry he was only about thirty feet or so from shore.

maltby4.jpg

/ Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog #2  
Ugly? I think they are very pretty. My friend had one of these - they are related to GWP.

/ Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog
Sorry about that, the Hunting with an Ugly Dog basically comes from a company up in Vermont that we have been known to buy stuff from. They love GWP's a whole bunch.

https://www.uglydoghunting.com/

A kennel
Home Page

Our Maltby:

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1031-1.jpg

/ Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog #4  
Them dogs is real purdy in my opinion!

Yes they are James, although one has to question just how smart they are. Today my wife had him out at the pond and he immediately jumped in and started swimming. Ended up he swam out about halfway across the pond (it is about 35 acres) and then finally came back to shore. Water temperature is still below 40 degrees F.

/ Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog #6  
We run a small preserve in upstate NY,we get to see a lot of different breeds
including GWP's,drathar(Canadian eh!),pudelpointers,spinoes,griffions as well as all the more common labs,goldens,short-hairs,english pointers,brits,springers ,it doesn't matter what they look like as long as the are willing........
www.wildwingshunttrain.com :)

We run a small preserve in upstate NY,we get to see a lot of different breeds
including GWP's,drathar(Canadian eh!),pudelpointers,spinoes,griffions as well as all the more common labs,goldens,short-hairs,english pointers,brits,springers ,it doesn't matter what they look like as long as the are willing........
www.wildwingshunttrain.com :)

Hi Dan,

Took a look at the website, really looks interesting. We have a place up there on the Racquette River near South Colton. We will open the place next month and spend a good amount of time up there during the spring, summer and fall. I might contact you once we get up there and stop in.

Wayne

/ Want Birds, hunt with an ugly dog #8  
Beautiful dog and great photos of him on the ice, thanks for posting!