Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM #1  

rimshot

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2510 HST
Well, It is time to get the snowblower off my CK2510 and stow it away. I want to place a couple 5/16" weldable grab hooks. The blower is a Kioti front unit model KS54-180FM . It bears thie Kioti brand. I need to locate a good place for both stability and hopefully balance so I don't damage anything including the chute. I will include a heavier plate beneath the hook. Anybody got any pics or suggestions where a good location exists. Most of tihe available steel is 3/16's of an inch. I would like to carefulliy move this withi my bucket and chain.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

rimshot

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM #2  
Is there not a loop on the top of it beside the chute? Mine has one and I use a long enough chain that my bucket clears the chute.

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM #3  
A picture would help greatly.

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM
Thanks for the observations. No hook on this snowblower but I know what you mean. I had a loop on tihe previouis blower whichi was a rear Power take off Meteorhis is the solution however given I can get somewhere close to thie center of gravity.

The longer chain unfortunately wont be much help. I would have to raise bucket to accommodate longer chain so the load clears the ground. This will cause load to swing and also be placed closer to tractor. More swing and load closer can equal collision at most an my slow speed. Your tractor is probably taller already than my little CK2510. The booms on my loader would handle the job more efficiently if closer to horizontal for me.

rimshot

Attachments

• HPIM7551.JPG
    HPIM7551.JPG
    129.8 KB · Views: 217
  • HPIM7552.JPG
    HPIM7552.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 204
   / Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM #5  
What about adding some hooks or loops to the top of the housing on each side, then tipping it forward, so you can get the front edge of the bucket under the rear, then chaining the hooks to the bucket hooks, and rotating the bucket back to pick it up?

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM #6  
Is it going to be stored indoors? If yes, you could make a cradle for it on a dolly. This assumes that it will lift high enough while still on the tractor. I made this for my 3pt blower. image-2033240318.jpg image-3026902612.jpg Roll the dolly under the blower, drop it on the dolly and disconnect it. It's very stable and rolls very easily. If it's stored outdoors, can you use your pallet forks? Maybe a cradle on a piece of plywood mounted to two 4x4s for dunnage.
If you are not already planning to, you might want to shoot the bare metal in the drum with some primer or coat it good with some Fluid Film before storage.

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM
More darn good ideas. Yup, tke blower will primarily reside inside and once there it gets stacked on just such a furniture mover . I still want to improve the grab point because of safetiy purposes however. also, I liked the suoggestion abouit the pallot forks and aniy old pallet. I just wish I could make for a quicker chiange from bucket to fork. Still, that could do thie job if need be

rim

/ Want to weld on hooks for moving snow blower KS54-180FM #8  
If it was mine, I would weld or bolt on some clevis tabs on top near the outside edge and towards the rear for balance. Then you can add shackle to hook the chains/straps to when needed. Hooks would be a bit risky depending on placement because the chain could slip out.