Warnings on new Kubota

/ Warnings on new Kubota #31  
One of the estates I farm has a Kubota L6060 used for property maintenance and lost the engine with about 100 hours on it. Coolant got in the oil. Cracked block. Being replaced under warranty, but they are really slow with getting the work done.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #32  
thank goodness, my bx25 don't have that regen garbage.. I'd never buy a new vehicle with this. DEF or DPF junk. Once paid off and out of warranty, it would be deleted. sorry for the rant...

• Good Post
Reactions: Doz
   / Warnings on new Kubota #33  
I have a 2016 B3030, and I'm pretty sure mine doesn't have regen. Thankfully!- sounds like a pain. At some point geniuses figured out that the pollution our tractors make sitting there at high revs to accomplish a regen must outweigh the pollution that was captured during the last regen interval. Kind of like controlled burns to prevent uncontrolled burns (aka forest fires), right? Sometimes I wish I didn't think so much.....

/ Warnings on new Kubota #34  
Regen is just another problem of our government thinking they are doing a good thing in my opinion it’s doesn’t do the environment any good buy the time you buy and add def regen and at some point send in the muffler and have to have it burned off at extremely high temperatures what have we saved!

/ Warnings on new Kubota #35  
I get confused... DEF fluid is mostly Urea same as nitrogen fertilizer. Now the fertilizer is deemed a danger to the climate if used to promote plant growth but burning it in the exhaust is good for the planet?

/ Warnings on new Kubota #36  
These modern small displacement diesels (small displacement for their power levels) are designed to run at high idle RPM (2600 here) all day and still make it to 10k hours without major engine work. Don't be afraid to crank up the revs, especially while running PTO or ground engaging implements. They're happy up there.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #37  
If you let a Tier IV tractor idle all the time it loads up the DPF quickly. No way will it go 25 hours before the regen light comes on. When I first got my Kubota and let it idle a lot the regen light would come on in less than 10 hours. And the regen process does not last half an hour - mine has always taken less than 15 minutes. Most times less than 10. Work the engine hard, so the exhaust system is really hot, and regeneration cycles will be 50 hours or more apart.

You have no control on when and for how long the regeneration process takes place. The tractor will sense when regen is needed, and it will last until the sensor tells the system that the DPF is clean. There is a process outlined in the owner's manual for a "Parked Regeneration" that you can initiate but that's used after something went not according to plan. So if the OP turned his tractor off after the regen light came on, he may have to go through the Parked Regeneration process to clear the DPF. See the manual's warning about interrupting regeneration in my post above.
Well then it seems logical to put a door in the exhaust between the engine and the DPF that could open at low RPM. That way, those who prefer to run at lower RPM could do so without loading up the particle filter.

The whole argument for running at a higher RPM which burns more more fuel so that less particles accumulate in the DPF just doesn't make sense. Back in the old days with independent injection it was common for slow speed diesels to smoke more. But with computer-controlled common rail and turbos, combustion efficiency can be the same at any rpm.

For that matter, burning the large particles to make them into smaller more chemically active particles may make sense for limiting visible pollution, but is argueable from any biological perspective.

rScotty

/ Warnings on new Kubota #38  
Hard to believe something as important as a regen cycle would indicate the need with a simple unidentified icon and no explanation in the manual. I don't understand the benefit of something that reduces polution as you drive all over the place, only to belch it all out during a regen sitting in the farmyard. Isn't that kind of like saving it up so you can dump it in all one place? Kind of like the electric car craze....instead of dumping your pollution as you drive around the country, you move it all to the place where the power generation station is and dump it all on the folks living nearby.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #39  
My L3901 has the regen capability and has caused me no problems at all. If I work the tractor harder it seems to regen less. If I am lazing around (under 2000 rpm) it will regen more often. My dealer told me to "beat the hell out of it and it will live forever". So far no problems after 3 3 !/2 yrs. Hope this helps.

/ Warnings on new Kubota #40  
We have a '22 Kubota L6060 Grandcab we keep on some property in the FL Panhandle. I was working it reasonably hard ystdy in L 4wd pushing thick bunches of Youpon Holly I had severed at the base with a pole saw with the bucket into the surrounding young Loblollies. If left alone these groves of Youpon rapidly narrow our trails & often scrape the paintwork & flatten mirrors on our vehicles. Whilst 30/mins into doing this there was a loud beep in the cabin & three yellow warning icons appeared at the bottom right of the dash and flashed. One was bulbous & had UP printed in the middle, the other two looked like sideways showers. I first looked at the temp guage - which was in its normal position so quickly parked uneventfully, checked for leaks - none I could see - and when home checked the manual which really wasn't that helpful. The closest I could find in the manual was the bulbous icon which warned of possible low oil pressure due to too low revs. It didn't mention anything about a beep. Oil level was OK. Except when working the PTO (@2200 RPM) I do tend to use low revs, at least lower than recommend by the dealer. Would that be all it is? I should also mention it has run for 26/hrs, 1/hr. past dealer recommended first oil change.
My old kioti has rpm range for pto on the gauge if i dont have it in that range my oil pressure light comes on also if im using my pipe/cable burying attatchment,no pto,it will come on if i dont have the rpm's up and if idling when i get off i always,always raise the rpms or it will tend to get hot with the oil light on,maybe just my situation