Warranty misleading

/ Warranty misleading #1  

Fred hunstable

Tractor
Branson 35
Couple of years ago I stopped by my local tractor dealer and looked at a Branson 3515c
basic tractor with cab and front end loader.
What convinced me to buy it was price was good and the 6 year bumper to bumper warranty.
Been pretty machine but recently had something happen that ive never had happen with any tractor.
I was back dragging out material from my compost pile prior to scooping it up to be turned back into pile.
As i lowered the bucket into pile and started backing up the loaders drooped down
I thought perhaps the joystick was stuck to lower it, but when raised it up this had happened, the rams had bent 90 degrees.
Ive never had this happen before on any machine, from my 90 hp case to my farmtrac.
Called our local dealer, he went under.
As can only fiqure bad heat treating of ram shaft I called TYM whos merged with Branson.
Submitted at least 20 online complaints on thier site and never got any kind of response, phone or email
After two months of this a dealer called me out of the blue about two hours away. Said they got a call from TYM corporate and asked them to talk to me.
Turns out the so called bumper to bumper is drive line only not accessories.
Should never have believed sales man but ultimately said sorry no recourse.
So just a cautionary tale, dont expect any help from TYM on issues that are quality related, heck dont expect to even get a phone call from customer service.
00A92784-80F3-43DF-AF39-9368A7F12F31.jpeg

Attachments

• BB48CCAA-150A-4F9D-B6F7-51424450B5B2.jpeg
    BB48CCAA-150A-4F9D-B6F7-51424450B5B2.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 224
   / Warranty misleading #2  
Was it in the float position? I've seen this on other maks too.

I don't think TYM.or Branson have ever advertised a 6 year bumper to bumper warranty

/ Warranty misleading
No, had blade straight down
It does supposedly have a good warranty on drive line and my paperwork reflects it, course this was before TYM. But not even a phone call response is pretty poor customer service.

/ Warranty misleading
What gets me is ive been in construction 40 years and have back drug everything from concrete to stone to dirt, you name it and never bent rams like that on any make,,,
Especially just on cow poop and hay

/ Warranty misleading
Well aware, but engineering should have assumed it would at least be capable of carrying the weight of the tractor front end

/ Warranty misleading #8  
Well aware, but engineering should have assumed it would at least be capable of carrying the weight of the tractor front end

Come back, and visit the forum frequently,,
you will see this EXACT cylinder bending occur on ALL brands of tractor,, about once a month.

You just happened to be the one to post bent cylinders for December,,

Literally, this happens so often, it should have its own section

Excavators
Welding
Gardening
Bent loader Cylinders
ETC,,,,,,

/ Warranty misleading
Even a piece of A36 1 1/2” steel rod should easily hold 35 to 50 ksi
Hard to believe it put anywhere near that amount of force on it as a bending moment

/ Warranty misleading
Come back, and visit the forum frequently,,
you will see this EXACT cylinder bending occur on ALL brands of tractor,, about once a month.

You just happened to be the one to post bent cylinders for December,,

Literally, this happens so often, it should have its own section

Excavators
Welding
Gardening
Bent loader Cylinders
ETC,,,,,,
Yep see them too, i didnt really expect much out of them, really just wanted to make sure they were aware and they strain hardened and treated them properly, but being ignored and no response is really what gets me.
And of course letting the general public know there appears to be an issue…