Warranty Work info

/ Warranty Work info #1  

RJI

Tractor
2015 mahindra max 26xl shuttle
Just bought a 2015 Max 26 xl shuttle from a dealer 2 hrs from my house...
I was wondering if the tractor warranty work can be done and covered by any of the 2 Mahindra dealers within 25 minutes of my home? Do they have to honor the warranty even though I bought from a different dealership? I know they may be pissed because they didn't get the sale...
Its like when you buy a Chevy or any other auto and have warranty work done at the dealership closest to your house...

thanks...

/ Warranty Work info #2  
They will do the work however you can end up last on list.

/ Warranty Work info #3  
Why would you buy a tractor 2 hours away and ask another dealer to service it for nothing. Would you buy a shirt from Walmart and then take it back to Target when it didn't fit because it was closer to your house.

/ Warranty Work info #4  
Why would you buy a tractor 2 hours away and ask another dealer to service it for nothing. Would you buy a shirt from Walmart and then take it back to Target when it didn't fit because it was closer to your house.

That's a very good point!

/ Warranty Work info #5  
I think you may be in for a crash course in dealer loyalty. Sure hope you saved a lot at the more distant dealership.

/ Warranty Work info #6  
I bought my 3016 in NC I live in MA be for I bought mine I went to the local dealer three x.I was told if I could find it anywhere to buy one by the MA dealer,then when I told them would they take care of any issues that arrise I was told by the MA dealer absolutely .H proceeded to tell me that is where we keep our business open thru the garage shook my hand and congratulated me on a great machine and deal I guess I was lucky to find a great dealer service.I just went there and bought filters for my 50 service and motor oil and they where great asked me about the tractor and all nice people.So go down to your local dealer and talk to them give them a chance.

/ Warranty Work info #7  
Sorry on the above late night kinda jumbled it up a bit .

/ Warranty Work info #8  
Would you buy a shirt from Walmart and then take it back to Target when it didn't fit because it was closer to your house.

Would not take it to Target but I would have an expectation that any Walmart in the country would take it back. Not just the one I purchased it from.

As for as a tractor dealer, any of them worth their weight will work on whatever keeps the shop doors open and warranty work is guaranteed money for the most part (maybe not at retail shop rate). My local dealer has no problem doing warranty work on equipment purchased elsewhere and has always completed it in a reasonable period of time. The only perk to buying local for me is they will give you a loaner but his prices were 5-7% higher than everybody else.

/ Warranty Work info #9  
Warranty work won't keep the door open, but customer service does so each dealer must evaluate the circumstances and it's up to them to make the decision. All Walmarts are owned by Walmart and most tractor dealership are family owned business. If I do all the service work for my closest same brand competitor why would he need a service dept., they continue to sell on a lower margin cause they have no service overhead.

/ Warranty Work info #10  
Warranty work won't keep the door open, but customer service does

Exactly my point, you stated it in better words than I did. Customer service is key for repeat customers and taking care of what should be very little warranty work on a new tractor is just part of good customer service.

Anyway, I hope the OP gets treated right.