Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #1  

shooterdon

Elite Member
Near Johannesburg MI but in the middle of nowhere
Tractor
2019 LS XR4140 HST Cab; 2020 Kawasaki Mule SX; 2021 Bad Boy 54" ZT Elite
With the addition of a 200 yard range, I was looking for a cheap vehicle to run back and forth. I was shocked to see used golf carts in decent condition going for $4000+

Stopped at the local Kawasaki dealer last Friday and they had a sale on SX 4x4 FI Mules...under $7000. Liked having a dump bed. Nice to get a three year warranty. We did about 5 hours of logging road and two track riding over the long weekend. It seemed quieter compared to my buddy痴 570 Polaris...but it is not as fast. But we do not drive fast on those roads anyway.

I was concerned it would tear up the lawn but no issues with that

Will be adding a roof, extra LED lights, folding bench seat that is quick detachable in the bed and a trailer hitch.

Wish I had got the XC with extra clearance but pleased otherwise.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #2  
With the addition of a 200 yard range, I was looking for a cheap vehicle to run back and forth. I was shocked to see used golf carts in decent condition going for $4000+

Stopped at the local Kawasaki dealer last Friday and they had a sale on SX 4x4 FI Mules...under $7000. Liked having a dump bed. Nice to get a three year warranty. We did about 5 hours of logging road and two track riding over the long weekend. It seemed quieter compared to my buddy痴 570 Polaris...but it is not as fast. But we do not drive fast on those roads anyway.

I was concerned it would tear up the lawn but no issues with that

Will be adding a roof, extra LED lights, folding bench seat that is quick detachable in the bed and a trailer hitch.

Wish I had got the XC with extra clearance but pleased otherwise.

Bought a sx xc a couple weeks ago , have about 10 hrs on it. Got it with a roof and slip in bed liner. Need to get a windshield and would like jump seat also, so far nice for puttering around town but no speedster.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #3  
After we got the 4010 mule, i sold the gas golf cart we had. Love the mule. Very quiet and dependable. I added the electric/hydraulic bed dump for the wife.

My dog love it also.....just say load up....shes there cart.jpg

Last edited:
   / Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #4  
I need to put my golf cart up for sale!

I recently replaced my "Yamadog" G2 with 6" lift and ATV tires (a very capable, but tippy feeling rig that my wife really didn't like) with a 6x4 diesel Gator.

I was thinking about listing it for around $1700, and being happy to get $1200-1500.

Maybe I need to up my game...

But if anyone from the forum wants it I'll take the $1200, no haggle deal.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #5  

I recently replaced my "Yamadog" G2 with 6" lift and ATV tires (a very capable, but tippy feeling rig that my wife really didn't like) with a 6x4 diesel Gator.

I was thinking about listing it for around $1700, and being happy to get $1200-1500.

I would like to hear how you like the 6x4 Gator.

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule

From the shopping I did, that is a very good deal!!! If I could have found a deal like that, I would not have purchased the Mule.

Last edited:
   / Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #7  
I would like to hear how you like the 6x4 Gator.

It's amazing. Positives:
*The traction is incredible.
*It has a cargo capacity of 1200# - as much as my full-sized pickup! The only way you could put that much weight in it would be a large stone or block of concrete...
*It has a very low COG - it feels as if you couldn't tip it over unless you drove off a cliff.

So far the three negatives are:
*Low ground clearance.
*In 4WD you essentially lose steering ability.
*The snowmobile style drive system means you lose all engine braking ability at low RPM.

But most importantly, my wife loves it :)

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #8  
It's amazing. Positives:
*The traction is incredible.
*It has a cargo capacity of 1200# - as much as my full-sized pickup! The only way you could put that much weight in it would be a large stone or block of concrete...
*It has a very low COG - it feels as if you couldn't tip it over unless you drove off a cliff.

So far the three negatives are:
*Low ground clearance.
*In 4WD you essentially lose steering ability.
*The snowmobile style drive system means you lose all engine braking ability at low RPM.

But most importantly, my wife loves it :)

Thanks! I was wondering about how the 4WD worked on those. Do you actually have 6 wheels pulling in 4WD?

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #9  
There is no front wheel drive on the 6 wheel gators.

GREAT, simple and robust design but would have it's challenges. Surprised the Military used them actually, unless maybe their options for a domestic rig were limited.

WISH my 2WD Electric Gator had a Diff lock!

/ Was looking for a golf cart...bought a Mule #10  
There is no front wheel drive on the 6 wheel gators.

GREAT, simple and robust design but would have it's challenges. Surprised the Military used them actually, unless maybe their options for a domestic rig were limited.

WISH my 2WD Electric Gator had a Diff lock!

Ok so the 4 rear wheels engage in 4WD, the front don’t. I can see how that would affect steering.