Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #21  
In all the threads I have read here I can稚 recall many where people sing the praise of a mid mount mower. Seems they tolerate them to mow with and what to think they are awesome but really just work ok

I壇 go with a rear mount finish mower before I tried the MMM but I haven稚 used either so it痴 reallh an uneduacated opinion

Brett

Well your not asking the right people, mid mount mower gives me more speed and able to maximize the cut without having excess overlap.

Rear mount mower is harder to maximize the cut as your always looking back and you have more overlap so you do not miss and also takes a lot more room to turn around with.

The rear mount mower does help getting under real low branches.

So there is a reason why I have 2 mid mount mowers to one rear mount and that is speed.

And before you say get a zero turn that got tossed out long time back as they are too slow and hard to control on the hillsides.

The drive over decks for most is got that great of feature the decks come off once a year here and that is it. Maybe other brands should be considered for better cutting performance such as the BX or B series .

David

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #22  
Yanmar builds a nice 24hp loader tractor with mid mount mower. Looks like you'd have to go to Asheville, NC to find a dealer.

IMG_5294.JPG

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so
Well your not asking the right people, mid mount mower gives me more speed and able to maximize the cut without having excess overlap.

Rear mount mower is harder to maximize the cut as your always looking back and you have more overlap so you do not miss and also takes a lot more room to turn around with.

The rear mount mower does help getting under real low branches.

So there is a reason why I have 2 mid mount mowers to one rear mount and that is speed.

And before you say get a zero turn that got tossed out long time back as they are too slow and hard to control on the hillsides.

The drive over decks for most is got that great of feature the decks come off once a year here and that is it. Maybe other brands should be considered for better cutting performance such as the BX or B series .

David

I'm going to look at B2650 but I know it will be way more than what I will pay for the CK2510 or what the CK2610 would have been. I expect that I will be able to get out the door with CK2510 with loader, MMM (add mid PTO), and filled tires for $16K or right under

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #24  
I'm going to look at B2650 but I know it will be way more than what I will pay for the CK2510 or what the CK2610 would have been. I expect that I will be able to get out the door with CK2510 with loader, MMM (add mid PTO), and filled tires for $16K or right under

Correct, I am shopping tractors right now and I got a price of $23,880 for a CK2610 TLB, 2 sets of remotes to the rear, loaded tires. I also got a price of $30,140 for the same set up for a B2650. That is pre tax, so your looking at around $6,000 more for the invoice amount plus tax on that $6,000, or for me an additional $360 in tax. That is a big chunk of cash going down in weight to the B2650.

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #25  
Branson 2400 at least has one. Don't know about the larger sizes....would imagine if they had the forethought to mfgr for that one they'd move on up the line too.

As others have stated.......unless totally devoted to mowing, a MMM is just in your way and a stand alone mower would serve you better. You can get a nice mower for what the MMM costs....about $2500 for the Branson. I initially thought seriously about getting one and even called the dealer on price and availability but after soul searching did as I recommended and haven't looked back.

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #26  
I'll share my story with mmm.
Ten years ago my wife and bought a house on just shy of three acres. At the time my father was moving to Florida and offered up his toro time cutter 44". This model is a residential level mower but it does at least have a three blade deck and it's a bit nicer than the typical box store versions. Initially we purchased a push mower too thinking that we'd have to do some trimming as well as mowing. Well with the zero turn that was quickly rendered a useless tool and was quickly sold. Fast forward 6 years and we were finally in a position to purchase my dream being a subcompact tractor and loader. I ended up with a mahindra emax hydrostatic and I went ahead and dropped the $2300 on the mid mount mower. Looking back the mmm was one of the worst purchases I've made. Truth be told it was no fault of the mower as it cut quite well and was pretty easy to install and remove. The problem was that it was unnecessary addition vs the $1500 zero turn I already had. Even though the tractor has power steering and the loader is a quick off type by the time you take off the loader, reinstall in the mower and vice versa you're at out 20 hours every week, and mowing with loader just sucks so don't think that's a realistic option. After all that hassle it turns out that the tractor with 60" deck wasn't much faster if at all than the 44" zero turn. I'm also not into the idea of driving a 2500 pound tractor over a 30 year drain field, the 400 pound zero turn doesn't worry me as much. At the end of day I took a $1300 loss to sell the mmm back to the dealer, and honestly I'm glad that I got the opportunity to take that deal. As much as I love my tractor it will never be a mower.

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so
To each their own because I've had a dedicated mower and a tractor with a mmm and I much prefer having the mmm. I have a lot of hills and a zero turn is just not realistic, although I understand what everybody is saying.

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #28  
To each their own because I've had a dedicated mower and a tractor with a mmm and I much prefer having the mmm. I have a lot of hills and a zero turn is just not realistic, although I understand what everybody is saying.
Your money your equipment your decision. Good luck on and with your purchase. We all are different. What suits the gander doesn't necessarily suit the goose!

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #29  
I think Kioti (and I) think the 2610 is too large a tractor to be a lawn mower. Kioti (and everyone else) makes smaller lighter units that do this better than a big frame like the 2610 has. Its just not a good size and weight for lawn maintenance. I too have a Toro ZT for that sort of thing. Contrary to what your wife wants, there is no single one tool that does everything.. at least does everything well.

/ Was looking to buy a Kioti CK2610 but just got the word still no mid mount mower, so #30  
I've been using my Kioti DK 35 (loaded rear tires) and an 84" rear finish mower for years to mow my lawn with no problems hurting my lawn.