Waste Oil

/ Waste Oil #12  
Find someone, or a organization that conducts prescribed burns and off the oil to them. Has to be clean, as in no water but beyond that does not matter.

They'll use it in their drip torches in place of buying diesel. Mix averages 2/1 gas to diesel/oil, adjusted according to the outside temperature. More gas when it's cold and less when hot.

If you've any NGOs who do burning then you can get a tax deduction for the donation of the oil.

I know......sounds off the way......but we use all our old oil and hydraulic fluid in the spring when we do prescribed burns. Saves $...........

/ Waste Oil #14  
What comes from the earth will be returned to the earth. It's just a natural cycle. ;) I can get 20-30 gallons into a gopher hole. :oops:

/ Waste Oil #16  
My waste oil (and I have a lot of it), goes in 55 gallon drums and eventually in my Clean Burn waste oil furnace in the shop and I usually don't collect enough to keep it fueled all winter. My AF goes in a 15 gallon drum and it goes to Safety Kleen via my Kubota dealer to be recycled, what for I have no idea. I mix all the oil together, the Clean Burn isn't particular. Brake fluid too.

I do keep a bit aside to light my burn pile with.

/ Waste Oil #17  
What comes from the earth will be returned to the earth. It's just a natural cycle. ;) I can get 20-30 gallons into a gopher hole. :oops:

ROFL... You have the environmentalists and the PETA audience falling out of their chairs right now.

🤣
1663633541591.png

/ Waste Oil #19  
I take my waste oil to Auto Zone or O’riellys parts store and dump it in a big tank. NAPA stores don’t take waste oil. The guy at O’riellys said a truck comes when it is full and pumps it out. I do wonder what the waste oil is used for though. Another person posted mixing waste oil with honey and using it in a chainsaw, lol. Why would I want to do that to my chainsaw !!! On a related note, I make a 50/50 mix of automatic transmission fluid and acetone for breaking loose rusted nuts and bolts. It works great. The acetone causes the transmission fluid run down threads through the rust and corrosion. Works better than PB Blaster or WD 40.

/ Waste Oil #20  
Honey not stp. Honey is an additive to add to your
oil. I don't remember the ratio but you can figure it
out. Is chain saw oil honey and 30W oil mix???

willy