Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #21  
Re: Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

Yea def nice write up. I never measured mine to see if the height is accurate with the knob adjustments.

I got a question tho my adjustment is difficult to turn with accuracy. What i mean is it is very stubborn to turn in one turn increments. I got to go back and fourth a bunch of times never a easy task to put it in lets say number 3 spot.

I took a pair of needle-nose pliers and bent the metal tab on the adjustment cog underneath outward a little. This helped a lot to ease the difficulty of turning the height adjuster. In all honesty it only needs a little light tweaking as I'll have to tighten mine as it moves a little too easily now.

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #22  
Re: Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube

Nice job. MF released a knowledge object to their dealers with a similar solution. I believe its KO1030294.

Thanks for the #, it is correct. My dealer made this change while fixing other issues. Turns out they replace two parts. The part with the two nuts for adjustment is much shorter, and the "half round geared" piece is also replaced.

I'm still playing with adjustment but seems better.

Oh - and they did it for free upon my request.

Chris

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #23  

Good video. Are the adjustment numbers supposed to coralate to inches? If so, mines not even close.

I agree that the front rods are only useful for leveling front to back.

I have had the 60" drive over for about a month and have taken it off and put it back on several times now. It's pretty easy and quick to do after you've done it a couple times.

Man, if you could post a video of removing and installing the 60" deck on a GC series you would be an overnight internet sensation. A lot of people are interested in this. Every youtube video about mowing with a CG Massey or maintianing the deck has 2 or 3 people asking to see it plus in forums like this. Not sure why dealers are so reluctant to post it

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #24  
Re: Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction

Our ground is too soft. I use a combination of both. Also, with the modifications, my deck sets much higher in the locked up position allowing me to better use the 3pt hitch with the deck in tow.

I have the same thing with mine and I'm going to get my dealer to sort it out.
When I lock the mower deck UP and lower the 3PH the deck drops about an inch or so then stops, and the 3PH keeps going down. So annoying. Next time I use my box blade I'm just taking the deck off I think.
Apart from that everything is great.

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #25  

Man, if you could post a video of removing and installing the 60" deck on a GC series you would be an overnight internet sensation. A lot of people are interested in this. Every youtube video about mowing with a CG Massey or maintianing the deck has 2 or 3 people asking to see it plus in forums like this. Not sure why dealers are so reluctant to post it

This video has been out there for 3 years.

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #26  

An Agco rep confirmed the deck height update was put into production a long time ago, he didnt specify when. But serial numbers higher than what are listed below have the update.

MFGC1705 MGC050GJH70502
MFGC1710 MGC100GJH81003
MFGC1715 MGC150GJH90501
MFGC1720 MGC200GJH00502

For older machines the new link rod part number is 7073002M91 and new lift shaft part number is 6259773M92

/ Watch "Massey Ferguson GC1705 Deck Height Correction Adjustment Video" on YouTube #27  
Tony, what's up! Yeh, that's a great vid man, thx again.

I just got off the phone with part dept at the closest MF dealer.

Ok guys, well lemme tell ya, if you wanna fix the deck drop, you could:

A) Do it Tony's way, or...
B) Get your parts from the dealer, which entails getting a new link rod ($22) and link shaft ($206)!

Attachments

• massey deck adjust.png
    massey deck adjust.png
    285 KB · Views: 79
Last edited: