Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,??

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #21  
I got a wood stove, so I can make my own hot water - not fast, but I can if need be. So I elected not to hook it up.

You gotta think outside the box sometimes. :)

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #22  
I got a wood stove, so I can make my own hot water - not fast, but I can if need be. So I elected not to hook it up.

a generator is a luxury, I have no idea why the water heater is where you draw the line, hell a hand water pump for the well doesn't need electricity and you can go buy a big block of ice for refrigeration. don't forget the candles for lighting....

sometimes you just need to think outside the box.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #23  

That will be nice when it's 90 degrees.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #24  
I'm a believer so I'll be replacing my propane water heater with an electric and putting it on a genny. Can't take a chance on being out of propane and catching flu.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #25  
The easy way is do as pros do (not plumbers ) test amp draw.
why would you say ''not plumbers'' ? I have tested many water heaters with an amp meter in my day. HVAC systems too !

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #26  
a generator is a luxury, I have no idea why the water heater is where you draw the line, hell a hand water pump for the well doesn't need electricity and you can go buy a big block of ice for refrigeration. don't forget the candles for lighting....

sometimes you just need to think outside the box.
You are right of course, I just can't help worrying about how long ice will be available in the zombie apocalypse.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #27  
Yes, bad elements will trip breakers. Breakers are heat protected. If calciuum buildup is enough, wire load will increase, ie more heat. Thermal breaker will trip.

more than likely, no one replaced anode either.
personally, id replace entire thing if its real old.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #28  
I am using 1 I put in 1980, half a dozen elements since. Another 2 gas from the early 90s.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #29  
Had a woman ask,,, would her son be able to tell whats with her heater. He was out of town for a day or 2 and was concerned about calling the local knob. Son is lic master spark unlimited, think he has taken every test they have.

/ Water Heater Trips Breaker,,, HELP!!,,,?? #30  
Had a woman ask,,, would her son be able to tell whats with her heater. He was out of town for a day or 2 and was concerned about calling the local knob. Son is lic master spark unlimited, think he has taken every test they have.
Would you translate this for me, please. I assume that since we're talking about water heaters, it has something to do with gas, but beyond that I haven't a clue as to what you're talking about.