water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota

/ water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota #1  

OPK Farms

I have two B7100 HST (one old model one new) and behind the fan is what appears to be a water pump on the old one which is frozen and needs replacing. This is stopping the fan from turning and the belt just slipps on the pully. according to some posts i have read,the B7100 does not have a water pump... two questions, is it indeed water pump, and regardless, i can take off about four of the six or so nuts holding it on,but looks like the whole front has to come off to get the rest. There is a panel that covers the front of the engine, and is behind the front take off on the drive shaft. looks like a significant undertaking. Can anyone offer some guidance?

/ water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota #2  
I have two B7100 HST (one old model one new) and behind the fan is what appears to be a water pump on the old one which is frozen and needs replacing. This is stopping the fan from turning and the belt just slipps on the pully. according to some posts i have read,the B7100 does not have a water pump... two questions, is it indeed water pump, and regardless, i can take off about four of the six or so nuts holding it on,but looks like the whole front has to come off to get the rest. There is a panel that covers the front of the engine, and is behind the front take off on the drive shaft. looks like a significant undertaking. Can anyone offer some guidance?

Some of the later ones did have a water pump others did not. They did have the dyno (alternator) behind the fan. If you can post a pic we acan tell you in a flash what you have.:)

/ water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota
Thanks for the fast reply... glad to hear that. it certainly looked like a water pump!! i am posting a few pictures, first is front view, 2nd is a close-up of the offending item, and third shows close up of front end... the lower panel seems to have to come off to get off the water pump as there are at least two nuts under the circular item that i dont know how to get at otherwise...

Attachments

• B7100 HST 1.jpg
    B7100 HST 1.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 3,032
  • B7100 HST 2.jpg
    B7100 HST 2.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 4,299
  • B7100 HST 3.jpg
    B7100 HST 3.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 6,116
   / water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota #4  
Thanks for the fast reply... glad to hear that. it certainly looked like a water pump!! i am posting a few pictures, first is front view, 2nd is a close-up of the offending item, and third shows close up of front end... the lower panel seems to have to come off to get off the water pump as there are at least two nuts under the circular item that i dont know how to get at otherwise...

Looks like you don't have a water pump. That round item is the dynamo and it will be what seized. Bit of a deal to get apart but should be relatively cheap to fix. Likely just a couple bearings in the dynamo that seized.

Cool. does the housing that holds it in place have to come off, and how do i get at those nuts under the dynamo?

/ water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota #6  
Cool. does the housing that holds it in place have to come off, and how do i get at those nuts under the dynamo?

Can't help with that. Never had one apart:confused2:

Hi Herringchoker! thanks for sending me that thread, exactly what i was dealing with. there are one or two nuts that seem impossible to get at without sawing off the dynamo or something equally radical!! i will see if i can find a box wrench i can sneak under there...

thank again...

rob

/ water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota #9  
The Kubota workshop manual show removing the head to replace the dynamo on a B7100. However I do remember reading posts from people who have changed them without removing the head.

/ water pump (?) on B7100 HST Kubota #10  
i will see if i can find a box wrench i can sneak under there.../QUOTE]

A bent box end or a ratcheting box end should work.:thumbsup:

Uhh--the next fun part is putting the bolts back in.:D