Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine.

/ Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine. #11  
I looked back at my records, these were the items that I got from Ali Express

That was two years ago. The only issue aside from having to wait was an extra outlet on the bypass circuit to be blanked off, I guess that was for a heater circuit. The hoses needed a little trim as they were a bit long.

/ Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine. #12  
Good news. Just a FYI: the ceramic/graphite seals are simply called mechanical seals. as opposed to packing or lip type. Mechanical seals are very forgiving but dirt and casting sand will cause early failure. This is exactly why there are coolant filters. Fine, go ahead and laugh.

/ Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine.

That was two years ago. The only issue aside from having to wait was an extra outlet on the bypass circuit to be blanked off, I guess that was for a heater circuit. The hoses needed a little trim as they were a bit long.
Thanks for that.

Good news. Just a FYI: the ceramic/graphite seals are simply called mechanical seals. as opposed to packing or lip type. Mechanical seals are very forgiving but dirt and casting sand will cause early failure. This is exactly why there are coolant filters. Fine, go ahead and laugh.
Thanks Bob. I only called them ceramic/graphite seals as that what the parts list called them.
John

Hello. New pump ordered. Could you let me know how you blanked off the extra outlet please?
Thanks
John

/ Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine. #16  
The replacement pump I got had the inside of the outlet threaded. Just screwed in a pipe plug.
If not, a short piece of hose with a bolt that fits and a couple of hose clamps should do it.

The replacement pump I got had the inside of the outlet threaded. Just screwed in a pipe plug.
If not, a short piece of hose with a bolt that fits and a couple of hose clamps should do it.
Hello piper184. Thanks for the info. My original pump has a threaded bung/screw in to block off the outlet. Couldn't see on the photograph of the new one if it is the same. Hopefully it will be a case of just swapping the threaded bund/screw when it arrives.

/ Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine. #18  
Hello. New pump ordered. Could you let me know how you blanked off the extra outlet please?
Thanks
John
That third outlet wasn't threaded on the pump I received, just a plain pipe spigot. I blanked it off with a short bit of hose with a bolt plugging the end, obviously with hose clamps. A bit of a bodge. However there's a guy at work who's into rallying, and apparently in competition vehicles they're always blanking off unused bits and pieces. He pointed me to things like these, and one day I'll get around to neatening it up ...

/ Water pump on Jinma Y385 engine. #19  
Hi Johnny P
I have the same water pump issue on my Siromer, I contacted Siromer and they wanted £275 plus £25 delivery to france with the customs thats going to hurt so I ordered from Aliexpress about 2 weeks ago hopefully it will be delivered next week

Hi Johnny P
I have the same water pump issue on my Siromer, I contacted Siromer and they wanted £275 plus £25 delivery to france with the customs thats going to hurt so I ordered from Aliexpress about 2 weeks ago hopefully it will be delivered next week
Hello bevanski, I was a little apprehensive ordering one from Aliexpress mainly because the price was so low. I bit the bullet an ordered one and it was spot on. Even the extra outlet was blanked off. It was a straight swap. Cost me about £53 in total. Good luck with yours.
Johnny P