Water Temp Gauge not working anymore!

/ Water Temp Gauge not working anymore!
Many of those gauges are similar.
Full voltage = full scale.
The sender is usually nothing but a wire wound variable resistor and activated by a float for fuel
or a thermistor for heat.
Circuitry is as simple as + voltage and a ground.
Always make sure grounds and connectors are good.
A volt/ohm meter is your friend.

Having discected my share of gauges I was surprised to note that often the gauge guts are the same be it temp, fuel and even RPM. Often just different faces.
Thanks for info, not always good here with a voltmeter!!!

/ Water Temp Gauge not working anymore! #12  
This was my solution for my LK2554. Everything works as it should now.
Kind of hard to see what you did, there's a bad reflection where the gauges are. What vintage is your tractor with that odd, backwards tach? My early 00s LK has a totally different cluster.

/ Water Temp Gauge not working anymore! #13  
Kind of hard to see what you did, there's a bad reflection where the gauges are. What vintage is your tractor with that odd, backwards tach? My early 00s LK has a totally different cluster.
That is what I did. It is a instrument panel for the old fords. I just made a adapter plate to mount it in place of the original one that was discontinued. I did have to have the tach cable custom made for me but everything works great.

/ Water Temp Gauge not working anymore! #14  
Hi, a simple check is to ground wire at the sensor. The gauge will want to go to full tilt. If it does that turn key off quickly after seeing the rise if you want to see the pointer again.
If gauge responds as mentioned above then gauge and wiring are ok but the sensor is not modulating to gnd.

lots of luck,

/ Water Temp Gauge not working anymore! #15  
Hi, a simple check is to ground wire at the sensor. The gauge will want to go to full tilt. If it does that turn key off quickly after seeing the rise if you want to see the pointer again.
If gauge responds as mentioned above then gauge and wiring are ok but the sensor is not modulating to gnd.

lots of luck,
...and if the gauge/sensor checks out, replace the thermostat.

/ Water Temp Gauge not working anymore! #16  
This almost sounds like a flakey ground somewhere, either to the block or the instrument cluster. Maybe try removing the cluster and making sure there's no corrosion on ground points. If it were the gauge or the sensor you'd think the symptoms would be more consistent...ie-it would either work or it wouldn't.