Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock?

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock? #21  
Maybe ask around on some horse boards. :confused3:

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock? #22  

Will a chat over a chess board do?

1416878993_1.jpg

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock? #23  
I think the best way to treat your tanks is with liquid bleach I know you don’t want to use liquid but what if you used a self measuring bottle see attached link Tip n Pour Measuring Bottle, Tip n Pour Bottle for Pest Control then basically all you need to do is measure out your ounce or 2 ounces depending on the size of the tank. This would keep the process pretty simple. Ideally you will want to keep the chlorine level at 4 parts per million (which is safe for humans to drink) and still prevent algae growth. The down side is this would be a daily affair.

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock?
Maybe a livestock board. Horse boards are utterly dominated by complete whack-jobs. If I asked this question on one, I would have a hundred irate replies in a hour.

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock?
I think the best way to treat your tanks is with liquid bleach.
Like you, we live in Texas. Imagine transporting bleach in any spray, squeeze, tilt-dose, etc bottle in your vehicle, every day, 365 days a year, and employing it 2500 times a year. There will be accidents with liquid bleach, and accidents with liquid bleach are expensive and dangerous.

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock? #26  
Maybe a livestock board. Horse boards are utterly dominated by complete whack-jobs. If I asked this question on one, I would have a hundred irate replies in a hour.

I can only imagine. We were involved in 4H for 15 years with out kids. We always joked that there are two 4H fairs; one for the horse people, and one for everyone else. :laughing:

I'm not sure just chlorine will solve your algae issue. We always use an algaecide along with chlorine. Don't know how safe that stuff is for animals to drink. I mean, yeah, people might swallow a bit of water in a pool, but it's not like we're drinking gallons of it every day like a horse would.

/ Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock? #28  
   / Water Trough Algae - Pool Shock? #29  
HA! Found it in my work clothes pile on the laundry table...
B6CBACD6-3346-451A-8C90-A1FFC3DD1257.jpeg