Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits.

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #1  

TnAndy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX410...IHI 35J excavator Woodmizer LT40
Local Ford, New Holland, Case dealer that has been around at least 3 generations, was carrying Yanmar where I bought my 410LX. I had previously bought my 1925 model New Holland (in 1998) there. Great dealer to work with.

As of 1st of January, they are no longer a Yanmar dealer. This is the same road I traveled in mid 80's when I bought a new 220D from a different local dealer, only to have it also go away, and Yanmar cut the deal with John Deere to make their small 4wd tractors (750,850,950, etc).

Dealer said Yanmar simply wouldn't work with them on pricing, support, or even supplying tractors....they went all of 2015 with a few 2014 tractors....not a new one the whole year.

So, congrats Yanmar, you've fooled me twice now. Now I have to find someplace else to buy parts, and I guess all service is DIY.

So, while Yanmar builds a pretty good tractor, they apparently don't know diddly on how to keep a dealer network going. Factor that into your decision should you decide to buy one...a great tractor is still just a boat anchor when you need a critical part.....ask any Zetor owner.

Yeah....they've fooled me twice now.....but should I buy another tractor in the future, they sure as heck won't fool me again.

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #2  
Bummer on the situation. Did the dealer p/u another brand or now only new holland/case? I'm sure it is a lot more work than people realize for dealer/manufacturer relationship to work...especially with complexity of manufacturers these days.

How far to next yanmar dealer? Any mail order parts available? If it is a reliable tractor, which I assume it will be, you should be able to find a work around for parts, but I sympathize with the hassle of no close parts desk.

May you have a bullet proof tractor!

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #3  
There must be more to the story. It would seem that if the dealer wanted tractors he could order more, just as everyone else does. Last year I'm pretty sure yanmar was running 0% for 72 months like most other manufacturers. So I'm not sure where the pricing would come in to play? Did the dealer want bigger discounts or something?
Maybe there's another reason they weren't getting supplied with machines.

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #4  
There must be more to the story. We had tractors All Year

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #5  
I agree.. Gotta be more to the story. Yanmar is in a bit of a growing spell right now, youd think they wouldnt want to lose established dealers? (Unless they have someone else in mind to take over the territory???)

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #6  
Last I talked to my friend who is a Yanmar dealer in our area they had sold quite a few of the 424 units and some 221 units as well. Iknow they had sold all the prior yellow/black inventory and couldn't get more of that because those prodycts were being updated to newer models.

But 2015 was a good year for them regarding Yanmar.

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #7  
The Yanmar dealer in my area has had troubles with Yanmar. If it wasnt for the dealer being so awesome, I would have sold my tractor already and purchased something different. One of the biggest troubles with Yanmar, is they have no field technicians, OR they have only a couple which isn't enough. They also only warehouse SOME of the parts in Georgia, the more expensive parts are sourced direct from Japan. The lead time to get some parts is up to 2 weeks, (ships from Japan to GA first, then to dealer) Bought my LX4100 new in 2013. Spent a good penny on it, got the backhoe. Everything was great... then lost power in hydraulics. I don't even want to go through the the year long service ticket I have open to try and get this thing fixed.

Another crappy deal with Yanmar, you HAVE to order parts through a dealer. Which scares the heck out of me as in TnAndy's situation... what will I do if my dealer drops Yanmar?

My tractor has only 142 hours on it, and 42 of those is from all the service testing to get the hydraulics working again. And I am still not sure they work correctly as the weather hasn't been kind enough to let me get out there and test them.

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #8  
We had kind of the same thing here but it was with both Kioti dealers in the area. One went out of business and the other droped Kioti and started selling Kubotas. Glad I got a John Deere. The neighbor with the Kioti wishes he had to. He can still get parts if he orders them on-line but has a long haul for someplace to get service. Even the Deer dealers are consolidating but they are still around.

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #9  
Just another reason why I prefer Kubota, and only considered Kubota and JD when I purchased my last tractor.

Will

/ Way to go Yanmar.....my local dealer has called it quits. #10  
My tractor has not seen the dealer since I bought it. Kind of forgot where he is at. Unlike Kabota or Deere don't need no hand holding.:D