We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #1  

Wobblin-Goblin

Gold Member
Tractor
2021 Massey Ferguson 4707
We're not sure of the year of the 9N and we think the 8N is a '46. Of course the Jubilee is a '53 and the NAA is a '54. The two older tractors aren't used, but are inside a barn under cover. The Jubilee has a loader and backhoe and is used about once every week or two. The NAA is used every month or so.

We are interested in possibly adding to our Ford tractor family, and are specifically looking to add the next model that came after the NAA. We understand that to be the Workmaster (or Powermaster). As far as I know, the big changes between the NAA and the Workmaster are the rear wheel seals and brakes are improved. Are there any other improvements that I don't know about? Power steering? Electrical? Live PTO? Anything else?

Also, at some point we'd like to possibly add the next tractor (after the Workmaster or Powermaster), but I don't know what that would be or what improvements that tractor would have over the WM or PM.

Any help is appreciated.

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #2  
9n’s were mostly made from 1939 to 1941, 2n’s were mostly made from 1942 to 1947, and 8n’s were mostly made from 1948 to 1952. The model number comes from the last didget of the year the first one was made. There could be some overlap on the first and last year of each model.

There are also lots of n tractors out there today that were made from parts from several different years, so your 1946 could be a 9n/2n/8n but should probably be called a 2n.

I have a 1951 8n, which I bought from the widow of the original owner. It has always been stored inside and still has the factory paint and original rubber tires on it. The proof meter just turned 2000 hours.

It only had 1200 hours on it, when I bought it around 1988. My neighbor had only used it on his one acre garden. It has one new rim on it now (one of the calcium filled originals rusted thru this summer). I have also replaced the radiator, fuel tank, carburetor, distributor, top link, one lower link, key switch, oil pressure gauge, and proof meter cable.

Besides replacing those parts myself, my buddy did a valve job on it a few years after I bought it.

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #3  
We are interested in possibly adding to our Ford tractor family, and are specifically looking to add the next model that came after the NAA. We understand that to be the Workmaster (or Powermaster). As far as I know, the big changes between the NAA and the Workmaster are the rear wheel seals and brakes are improved. Are there any other improvements that I don't know about? Power steering? Electrical? Live PTO? Anything else?

Also, at some point we'd like to possibly add the next tractor (after the Workmaster or Powermaster), but I don't know what that would be or what improvements that tractor would have over the WM or PM.
The hundred series tractors (6xx & 8xx) that came after the NAA did have the options of power steering and the x60 (1955-1957), x61 (1958-1962) of each series had live PTO's and the x71 of each series had the Select-O-Matic transmission which is the ONLY transmission available on these tractors capable of being used with a tiller. The other main difference between them was the 6xx had 34 hp and a slightly less hefty differential vs the 8xx with 42 hp and more beefy diff.

After the hundred series came the thousand series, (2000 & 4000) for two years (1963 & 1964) they were the same tractor as the hundred series tractors on the hood design was different. In 1965 the 2xxx & 4xxx were still available but were completely different tractor along with the new 3xxx series, it was when Ford changed to a 3 cylinder engine in the utility line of tractors of this size.

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster
I went and checked the thousand series and boy are they ugly. No thanks.

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #5  
major, power major, Super major,, dexta. Seems you missed a few.

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #6  
Ahh, The Fords and the Fordson's , Some try to keep the family from fighting.

The E27n I have is a 1950.

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #7  
   / We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #8  
My nephew is restoring this 860. It was his father's (my brother). He started the restoration but passed away before getting much done other than disassembly and ordering parts.
IMG_2302.jpg

/ We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster #9  
Reminds of how mine looked about 10 years ago, after rebuilding the engine I cleaned and painted it. Still looks good today , mostly dirty with just a few battle scars from bush hogging in the woods.

Attachments

• Mutt.JPG
    Mutt.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 141
   / We have a 9N, 8N, Jubilee, and NAA. Are interested in a Workmaster and what came after a Workmaster
What would be more desirable: a Workmaster (860 like above) or a Ford 4000?