weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes #1  

spitter

Platinum Member
Tractor
simplicity legacy tc29d,Tc45d,Cs 2520
like title says I just purchased a used 758c and rear remotes for my tc29d.:dance1::cool2: Install was pretty straight forward with normal struggling with used gear. First sign of a problem was when we lifted fel I tried to curl down and got nothing but the bucket wasn't on fel so I dismissed it . Next day installed bucket and it worked pretty normal so I thought it was ok. A week later I tried to use bucket to carry some fire wood and it would not curl all the way. Before I started the install I was having a little hydraulic trouble with squeeling and jerky operation till tractor got warmed up . That problem started last fall after hydro oil and filter change. On very cold days in winter the hydro needed to be warmed up like 10 -15 minutes before anything would work. I have been reading all threads about cavation and suction side leakage but just can't get the problem pinned down. I don't know if it's a new problem or the new lines have just made the old problem worse . Thanks :drink:

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes #2  
Do you have a bunch of air in the cylinders and or downstream of the valve?

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes
how do I check for air in cylinders? What is the best way to bleed do I just keep on cycling loader and all other hydros or start cracking lines ? The trans is a hydro and it seems to be working fine. Also 3 point also works normal. Thanks for help .:drink:

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes #4  
Cycle the cylinders to purge air from them and the lines.

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes #5  
how do I check for air in cylinders? What is the best way to bleed do I just keep on cycling loader and all other hydros or start cracking lines ? The trans is a hydro and it seems to be working fine. Also 3 point also works normal. Thanks for help .:drink:

This is crude but you will get the idea-

PK-D36 How to eliminate air in hydraulic cylinder Fast edition - YouTube

The valve and essentially everything on the pump and return side of the valve will purge itself. Valve to cylinders and cylinders can hold a little air. Most of the time it’s not a big deal. But if cycling it several times doesn’t do it, try this.

Have you verified a QD didn’t get something in it or maybe it wasn’t connected properly. That’s a common place to have issues.

I 'm going to have to go over all the QD's some of the used ones I bought looked a little sketch.Thanks for all the help but won't be alble to work on tractor till weekend been working 14 hr days.:mad::drink:

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes #7  
The poppet valve type and the ball type ag connectors are supposed to be compatible but sometimes they're not.

In my experience if you get a connector that's not fully seated there is no flow at all but I'm not sure that's always true.

I'll have to go over all fittings This weekend clean everything make shure they are seated.:thumbsup::drink:

/ weak curl after adding backhoe kit and rear remotes #9  
I’ve never heard of anyone having good luck cleaning QDs. If you can spring for a few swivel couplings that would help diagnose the QDs. It seems like a waste of time to try and clean them if that isn’t the issue.

thanks for all that helped.:thumbsup: Wen't the hard way first found couple of small leaks blead cylinders still no luck . After 3 hrs covered in hot hydro fluid in 104 degree heat 100% humidity found another leak dripping from top of engine it was a injector leaking so took the engine cover off and wal lall one of the quick disconnects just about fell off.:mur: Captain obivious strikes again:D morral of the story is check the easy stuff first. Now onto the hard part trying to find where the cavation or air leak is coming from it only seems to be on loader function . And only when it is cold. Any help in the matter would be much apricated. :D:drink: