Weak loader on BX23

/ Weak loader on BX23 #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
I had a BX22 in the past so I'm familiar with the limitations of the loader, my father has a BX23 and this morning I was over to help him remove his MMM. The easiest way for me was always to but the BH stabilizers down, and lift the front with the loader and pull the deck out from under. Come to find out his loader will not even get his front wheels off the ground. Any one have any ideas?

/ Weak loader on BX23 #2  
I had a BX22 in the past so I'm familiar with the limitations of the loader, my father has a BX23 and this morning I was over to help him remove his MMM. The easiest way for me was always to but the BH stabilizers down, and lift the front with the loader and pull the deck out from under. Come to find out his loader will not even get his front wheels off the ground. Any one have any ideas?

My BX23 never could lift the front end completely off of the ground either...Never really thought about it much.

/ Weak loader on BX23 #3  
Are you tilting the bucket a bit first before using the lift cylinders? Works wonders.....

/ Weak loader on BX23
Tried all sorts of ways with the 23 loader, it just won't lift the front wheels. I know my 22 could do it with no hesitation at all.

/ Weak loader on BX23 #5  
My stock BX23 will lift the fronts all the way off the ground. I have to be running 3/4 to WOT thottle to get the pressure up and it has to be sitting level. If I lift the rear w/the BHoe stabilizers 1st, the FEL won't even budge the front end up.

If you were at or near WOT and level it could be that the hydraulic pressure is set too low. Theres a kit available to check and adjust the hydraulic pressure on any BX and many have just made up a hose/gauge kit and purchased different sized shims from a dealer.

Dave

/ Weak loader on BX23 #6  
My pressure was set too low... bumped it to the high end of the range and made all the difference.

I suspect you will find the pressure setting has drifted lower over time... it is controlled by a spring and set with shims.

/ Weak loader on BX23 #7  
There is a detent past the bucket dump position. Move
The loader control through/past the dump position and
That will lift your front end. That feature is on theBX25
and may be on your 23:D

/ Weak loader on BX23 #8  
My stock BX23 will lift the fronts all the way off the ground. I have to be running 3/4 to WOT thottle to get the pressure up and it has to be sitting level. If I lift the rear w/the BHoe stabilizers 1st, the FEL won't even budge the front end up.

My BX24 is the same way, have to lift the front first.

/ Weak loader on BX23 #9  
A few weeks ago I took my 2360 in for it's 50 hour service. I griped I thought the loader was losing power. When I picked it up the mechanic said the screen in the hydro was blocked. Got all my power back.

/ Weak loader on BX23 #10  
Now that is frightening! The screen blocked at 50 hours, that doesn't bode well.
My BX24 had only one little tiny piece of gasket sealer material on the screen at 50 hours and absolutely nothing on it at 233 hours.

If it was mine I'd be dropping the screen again in another 50 and taking a look...