Name Servers:
ns1.thecloudwebsiteserver.com
ns2.thecloudwebsiteserver.net
ns3.thecloudwebsiteserver.org
Registrant Contact
Name:
Domain Admin
Organization:
Privacy Protect, LLC (PrivacyProtect.org)
Street:
10 Corporate Drive
City:
Burlington
State:
MA
Postal Code:
US
Phone:
+1.8022274003
Email:
email@privacyprotect.org
Why is it listed as being in Massachusetts, with a Vermont phone number? I recognized the area code.

/ Website concerns that I need advice on #13  
Why is it listed as being in Massachusetts, with a Vermont phone number? I recognized the area code.
It's probably a VOIP number, it's a privacy service that fowards calls or problem reports for the domain to the domain owner without having to publish a live email address and phone number to get spammed.

Aaron Z

/ Website concerns that I need advice on #14  
It's probably a VOIP number, it's a privacy service that fowards calls or problem reports for the domain to the domain owner without having to publish a live email address and phone number to get spammed.

Aaron Z

So it might actually be in India? :(

/ Website concerns that I need advice on #15  

Aaron Z
Gotcha, that makes sense. I'm not much up on the techy stuff.

/ Website concerns that I need advice on #16  
That provides some clarity. It sounded like she was on the board and some folks don’t like what she has done so they were snooping around behind her back. This is an approach that I would disagree with. If their are issues with her actions a group email explaining what everyone would like to see (documents, receipts etc) would be above board. Include a meeting date and have her produce the documents etc. She may be a bit defensive but at least not blind sided by a sneak attach. The whole board owns this. “I wasn’t watching her” is an excuse for a month, not several years. Your treasure can hopefully help. The rats comment was in relation to pointing blame instead of owning blame. You indicated that for several years it’s been ran loosely....at best. Probably not to the By-laws and certainly not to the fiduciary responsibility of the board. Now that some irregularities may have popped up (some maybe have gone on for several years) it seems the finger pointing is starting. My point is the whole board owns this. The board is dealing with a group and money. The board was elected or appointed to provide over-site and direction. It sounds like neither was happening- dog collars for small dogs, website etc. It may be time for a bylaw refresher and possible bylaw overhaul.

As far as website costs- it’s hard to say without being in the back end. Their are basic hosting services that are less. But their are services that provide a lot of user info that would cost a lot more. SEO, email and analytics can drive cost- does the club have custom emails- eddie@mydogisawesome.com? I think our little business website (no online sales) with some basic analytics is about $240/year? We also have a basic server that has a back of house project management- it’s basically a mini website. We pay about $120/year for it. To me, $250 for 2 years is a deal.

/ Website concerns that I need advice on #17  
To me, $250 for 2 years is a deal.

That's part of the problem. They haven't see billing statements from the webhosting company to know if it's $250 for one year or two. If it's supposed to be for two years and she's 'collecting' that each year, where is the other $125 going?

/ Website concerns that I need advice on #19  
If the site is on a leased server and not a "shared" server...$250 is low for hosting about 3-4 times that plus bandwidth is more like it...domain registration is about $39 through netsol (cheaper through a 3rd party creditor) if it's ownership is protected it's another $10.00.
...shared hosting can be had for as little as $6-$8/ month with full services like MySQL server, PHP, Ruby, etc., etc... also unlimited e-mail proxies...

A leased server usually requires a NIX administrator or there is additional costs for administrative services (not cheap)...

/ Website concerns that I need advice on
Thank you everyone. The board took a vote last night by phone and decided to reimburse her immediately. My wife is in charge of re writing the bylaws and the biggest change is going to be accounting for the money. From what you have said, it sounds like the $250 isn't too far off on what it should cost for a website. In the next month or two, somebody else will be taking that over and we will have more accurate information on what that costs are.