Weight question?

/ Weight question? #11  
Dave
A good bit of advice has already been mentioned regarding legal trailering limits and licensing. But, the trailer (and truck) has limitations based on those axles, wheels, tires, and hitch. You have three 7k axles, which by itself may carry up to 21,000 pounds. The trailer weighs 5400 pounds, but you don't mention how much of that weight is on those axles and how much is on the pin.
In theory you could carry weight of which totals the 21,000 pounds plus the weight that takes your truck to it's rear axle weight limit (GAWR rear), perhaps another 3,000 pounds. minus the trailer weight. (24,000 - 5400 = 18,600) if it were properly balanced. You probably could, but then again what will the truck safely and reliably pull? What weights would you feel safe on the road? If asked, I'd suggest a never exceed of 15,000 or under, properly balanced, thus ensuring you won't overload those trailer or truck wheels. Those kind of weights could easily tend to risk overloading the truck's rear GAWR.

/ Weight question? #12  
I tow heavy loads all the time like most of the guys who are chiming in hear. I run a SRW 2006 F-350 Power Stroke 4x4. My trucks GCWR is 23,000#, GVWR 11,400#(front 6,000# rear 7,280#), and a tow rating of 15,400#. I don't condone it but with this rig I have towed 25,000# and it handled it fine but the simple fact is with the auto makers being in such trouble they will find any way to get out of a warranty claim and like stated before insurance will find any way to deny a claim if need.

My biggest concern would be the rear axle rating of your 2500. I have a 2004 F-250 with the same setup as my F-350 and it will sag a foot with my 15,600# trailer in tow when my F-350 will only sag maybe 3 inches. The axles have 1000# plus different rating which amounts to much better handling.

Chris

/ Weight question?
Thanks guys for all the info...stopped at the scale and gave the guys my numbers and they said i'm ok with the weight of 14 k on the trailer...loaded right of course. Got the trailer marked where the machine and attachments should be.Even have a little room on the GAWR which is good...lol.