Weird Coolant Problem

/ Weird Coolant Problem #1  

The Suburban Farmer

Silver Member
Tractor
Deere 2320
I've had my tractor since 2012 and never had any problem with the cooling system and the overflow bottle always showed between Low and Full. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed the coolant was below the "Low" line on my JD2320 and added some. Then, the next morning, it was back to the level shown in the pic. I added coolant again, and again the next morning it was in this same spot. Any ideas what is going on? It just seems like this is the new "normal" level for coolant for some reason.
  • Took off the cap and the radiator is full
  • No visible leaks anywhere
  • I put down cardboard under the tractor, and no coolant on the floor
  • It seems to happen even when I haven't run the motor (i.e., I put in coolant with the engine cold, and the next day it's back at this point again.)
I'm stumped - it never gets much lower than this, but it simply won't hold above the Low line, and I can't find any leaks.

pic.JPG

/ Weird Coolant Problem #2  
I have a Kubota B3200. It was overheating. Symptoms somewhat like yours. I had changed the therm and pressure cap with no improvement.
I spoke with a Kubota Service Rep and he told me to pull the radiator and give it a thorough cleaning. About a third was totally plugged.
Power washed it and wala!!! The fan shroud (not easy)and the battery(easily removed) make it hard to clean. Also, the fin material is so thin it is ridiculous and each row has a divider so you can't use a comb to straighten.
Good Luck

/ Weird Coolant Problem #3  
My ZD mower was losing coolant for the first 2 years. I looked over that thing with a fine tooth comb and couldn't find any leaks. Out of desperation, I parked it after mowing determined not to put it away until I found the problem...
There was a leak at the lower radiator hose that was only dripping when up to temperature. No evidence when cool.

/ Weird Coolant Problem #4  
I have a Kubota B3200. It was overheating. Symptoms somewhat like yours. I had changed the therm and pressure cap with no improvement.
I spoke with a Kubota Service Rep and he told me to pull the radiator and give it a thorough cleaning. About a third was totally plugged.
Power washed it and wala!!! The fan shroud (not easy)and the battery(easily removed) make it hard to clean. Also, the fin material is so thin it is ridiculous and each row has a divider so you can't use a comb to straighten.
Good Luck
Yep, the Deere x7** tractors will lose coolant out the overflow if the radiators aren't kept real clean. Blow them out every time and the coolant level stays consistent again.