Weird dozier accident

/ Weird dozier accident #1  

greasemonkeyok

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD cut
Rented Dozier delivered to a dentist who is clearing land for a new house. Forty minutes later, his brother sees him going over a dirt pile, and the dozier rocks forward, throwing him out the front and then runs over him.

/ Weird dozier accident #2  
Not that weird, common new dozer operator error, not used to how they are a teeter-totter going over sharp angles. My best friend was a dozer operator for 5 years driving D10/D11's in pit mining, he was home and his brother was showing off a borrowed JD550. The non-operator brother drove straight up a bank and before the top the experienced guy yelled at him to slow down, over they went and threw both of them forward onto the windows/dash. Luckily the doors were closed and the blade dug in stopping the machine.

Rented Dozier delivered to a dentist who is clearing land for a new house. Forty minutes later, his brother sees him going over a dirt pile, and the dozier rocks forward, throwing him out the front and then runs over him.

/ Weird dozier accident #3  
It can happen in a second. I have to traverse water checks at work. When ye get about half way over it about 2 feet tall you need to ease down on the Decel pedal and either dropped the blade a bit to start the nose dive and brake to make it ease passed the break over. I hate crossing the bwater check berms that have a lower elevation onthe other side I always put my belt on for that. We got in about 20 truck loads of ground debris from the tornados this spring. It was topsoil scrapings I was roughl sorting the Top soil and clay for cover and saw a RR tie in the p ile. We cant bury those and I pushed it out to the side. While pushing it slipped under the blade and I ran over it the break over bumped me out of the seat but te belt held me in.

I have a friend that I was working with I was on a D6 and he was on a TD 15 Dresser. We were clearing scrub pines about 3 inches thick. We were working side byside clearing a 20 foot swath. He butted against a tree aobut 10 inches this and it broke off. What he didnt see under the honey suckle was a 4 foot deep terrace. His dozer nosed down and I saw him go forward tail in the air. His belt didnt buckle good that morning. His shoulder hugged hot muffler. He was on top of the Precleaner bowl and I thought I was abotu to see him slide off and get run over. Instead he was still on the hood when it crossed the other side it hung on a keeper tree. He still has a burn mark on his shoulder from the pipe.

I have had a dozer break over on a hidden object and a loose belt cause a nasty bump on the head from the ROPS. Had has a scar on his head from such an incident. Alot of times a peron will it their heads and get a concussion and fall off between the track frame and engine compartment. Alot of folks that rent a dozer especially a new one with all the modern controls and the ease of driving one around folks get the assumption they wont hurt you.

/ Weird dozier accident
Hmmm, thanks for the info. I had been thinking about renting a dozier to clear thorn trees and brush on hilly land. You just convinced me to hire it done, as I already knew an experienced operator can do it in a lot less time.

/ Weird dozier accident #5  
A friend of mine owns a rental equipment business. If a noncontractor person wants to rent a skid steer, backhoe or dozer to work on lake lot or hillside lot then he denies them to rent the equipment. Too many rescue/recovery situations lately. The DIY stuff rarely pays off with heavy equipment.

/ Weird dozier accident #6  
For me to rent a skid steer, back hoe or excavator, my son has to be available to operate it, a man has got to know his limitations.

/ Weird dozier accident #7  
I just put my feet on the dash. A dozer is like a teeter totter. Once it hits the balance point it tips. They are heavy so when they stop you get a big jolt. If you're not ready then it can easily throw you.