Weld on quick hitch hooks

/ Weld on quick hitch hooks #1  

Car Doc

Elite Member
Tractor
YM3810D Yanmar
I got a set of these interesting pieces from Carter and installed them yesterday, very easy to install and fundamentally dont change anything the 3 pt is the same as it was just has 2 ways to attach now.

I had to modify my splitter but everything else will fit. I will be able to use it with my tiller thats my biggest heaviest attachment and its a pita to hook up.

Attachments

• Weld on quick attach hooks 001 (1024x768).jpg
    Weld on quick attach hooks 001 (1024x768).jpg
    386.3 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Weld on quick attach hooks 005 (1024x768).jpg
    Weld on quick attach hooks 005 (1024x768).jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 1,049
Last edited:
   / Weld on quick hitch hooks #3  
I got a set of these interesting pieces from Carson and installed them yesterday, very easy to install and fundamentally dont change anything the 3 pt is the same as it was just has 2 ways to attach now.

I had to modify my splitter but everything else will fit. I will be able to use it with my tiller thats my biggest heaviest attachment and its a pita to hook up.

How do they work. Is there anything to lock the implement in there?

And what is that second pic of??

/ Weld on quick hitch hooks #4  
I assume the second picture is your modified log tables on the splitter. How does the implement lock on? If there isn't a positive locking system, I would say these are real dangerous.

/ Weld on quick hitch hooks #6  
There is a simple pin that goes thru both ears, if you look carefully you can see the hole in the shorter of the 2. I have them and like them, but mine are not the weld on, mine pin on thru the regular 7/8 inch ball eyes. They are cheap, and effective, maybe not a JD Imatch but they work.

James K0UA

/ Weld on quick hitch hooks
How do they work. Is there anything to lock the implement in there?

And what is that second pic of??

clemson,

Yes there is 2 pins with clips included with the hooks. I had just painted the J hooks with the pins out and figured if I didn't take a pic I never would get around to it. Notice I turned the pins so the snap clip is horizontal further stabilizing the attachment.

The second pic is the just the work tray I put on my splitter to hold wood handy years ago while working not pretty but its functional had to notch the one corner to clear these hooks.

Attachments

• Weld on hooks 2 002 (1024x768).jpg
    Weld on hooks 2 002 (1024x768).jpg
    467.9 KB · Views: 697
  • Splitter tray 001 (1024x768).jpg
    Splitter tray 001 (1024x768).jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 482
   / Weld on quick hitch hooks #9  
hey don't take this wrong guy's....But how can this be considered a Quick hitch if one still has to get off the tractor and install a pin or pins? what I'm seeing in the pictures is now it takes 2 pins per side when use to take only 1 :confused: maybe I'm not seeing the concept clearly:cool:

Last edited:
   / Weld on quick hitch hooks
hey don't take this wrong guy's....But how can this be considered a Quick hitch if one still has to get off the tractor and install a pin or pins? what I'm seeing in the pictures is now it takes 2 pins per side when use to take only 1 :confused: maybe I'm not seeing the concept clearly:cool:

Not a problem there deep you have a point, it may not save everyone time or effort but for me there are a few reasons it works, my tiller drive shaft had already been cut to fit just the 3pt and the QH I had wouldn't work. Its pretty much the same amount of pins and trips on and off the tractor as before that didn't change but it will be a lot easier to back up and get on the lift pins now.

edit: I plan on and hope it works but just leaving the snap clip in place on lift pin and just undo the top pin on each side but time will tell....

It wouldn't fit an actual QH also the tiller is 7-800 lbs and sits on a framework off the ground so it doesn't rust and it doesn't move very easy or at all usually when I am shoving it around trying to hook it up. There are others but I think you can see the reasoning now hopefully!

Last edited: