Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards

/ Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards #1  

SkyPup

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L-39 GST TLB, Kubota L3130GST, Massey 1030 HST, Kubota ZD-21 ProDecK, Two Euro VW TDIs
Welded \'Bota Schnozz Guards

Finally got around to welding on some protection to our Kubotas Brush Guards to protect the front end from damage from branches and such.

This helps to protect the lights, radiator, and grill on the L-3130 from inadvertent damage when working in difficult conditions in the woods.

Attachments

• 742481-3130 Nose Guard.jpg
    742481-3130 Nose Guard.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 851
   / Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards
Re: Welded \'Bota Schnozz Guards

Also welded on some similar protection for the L-39 as it is even more susceptible to brush damage seeing as the hydraulic oil cooler and lines are in front of the radiator and the battery is located on the side of the machine, leaving the entire front end open for some serious damage.

Attachments

• 742486-L39 Nose Guard.jpg
    742486-L39 Nose Guard.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 615

Here's another pic of the L39 Grill Guard.

The Miller 210 MIG with 0.35 ER70S-6 wire and 75% CO2-25% Argon did an excellent job welding together the 3/8 solid steel rods and the Miller 375 Spectrum Plasma Cutter sliced up the pieces to weld with in short order.

Attachments

• 742492-L39 Nose Guard3.jpg
    742492-L39 Nose Guard3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 512
   / Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards #4  

I did the same, but "U" bolted mine on. I installed it before welding school. I have gone through some thick brush and it has worked well.

(Sorry about the leaning picture, it's the only one I could find showing my grill. In the picture, I got myself in a bind, and either way I moved I tilted more. I ended up having to hand dig the tractor level. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Attachments

• 742520-grill.jpg
    742520-grill.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 559
   / Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards #5  

Thom and Don; Nice work on both your machines. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
And that comes from a BLUE driver. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards #6  

That tractor looks like it was washed and waxed!!! Is that your display tractor? My wife had us buy furniture like that for the living room. You know, the stuff that looks good, but nobody can sit on? Just kidding! Nice looking tractor. Now I want to go wash mine. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

LOL, that L-3130 GST has >800 hours on it now without a hiccup, it takes a serious beating and still looks and runs like new, although the FEL bucket has taken quite a lot of abuse as you can see a little bit in this pic.... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Attachments

• 742595-3130 Nose Guard2.jpg
    742595-3130 Nose Guard2.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 414
   / Welded 'Bota Schnozz Guards #9  

Those guards look great.
Thanks for posting the pictures.

Smittyd

They are not that difficult to fabricate and install and they really work good, I've had to use vise grips and wire cutters to pull imbedded chunks of branches and limbs out of them already, not to mentions some large boulders have bounced off them too! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif