Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer

/ Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer #21  
can you use a pair of 10,000 lb straps or chains. run them from the end pockets....under the trailer and bring them up onto the rear deck?

/ Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer #22  
View attachment 668038

Maybe something like this? The green outline is a plate you could weld in to make the things level with the rear frame member. Pink would be the D ring.

I also like this idea.....simple and strong.

/ Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer #23  
Mine was 16', which is too short for a Gran L with loader, but it worked well for me for the time I had it. I think 22-24' would be an optimal length for tractors my size.

I’ve got a 16’ 20’ and 24’. I’ve hauled my L3800 with a loader and bushhog in the 16’. It works but it’s to short. The 20’ would be fine. You can fill up the 24’ fast if you start adding more implements. The 20’ is a little short for my M59.

/ Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer
can you use a pair of 10,000 lb straps or chains. run them from the end pockets....under the trailer and bring them up onto the rear deck?

Very interesting. This solution never crossed my mind. I am going to have to take a closer look at how this might work.

Thanks,
Blane

/ Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer
Back the tractor on. It will move your balance point forward, in many cases. This may reposition it for better access to points of securing it.

This idea never crossed my mind. I would have to weigh the front and rear axles to check the weight distribution. It may be that by backing the tractor on the trailer it could make the positioning worse. Just don't know at this point.

Thanks,
Blane

/ Welding D rings to rear frame member of 18 + 2 14,000 PJ equipment trailer #26  
This was my old tractor. I normally had the skidding winch on it, so it wasn't quite as crowded as with the box blade, but still the bucket or grapple always stuck out some. The new one is a bit longer (not a ton) but since I set the wheels full width, I'm not sure it would fit on that trailer. But it's moot as I sold it given that I didn't use it much anymore.

Trailer_size (Large).jpg