Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts)

/ Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts) #1  

ecoslik

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740 HST with LA854 loader and QA, top and tilt, 1 front and 3 rear remotes, foamed rear tires
Okay pros ... let me have it. :eek:

Yes, my tractor and ag journey is leading to a desire to be able to weld pipe fence, repairs, and some fabrication.

So, I read some posts, realize I don't even the terminology and go to the bookstore looking for a book with a good glossary of terms.

My first question for the store clerk ... do you have a Welding book from the Dummies line of books.

It is being released October 8th (or a date close to that ... they'll call me when it arrives)!! :thumbsup:

/ Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts) #2  
I'll be the second in line to get the book.

There are at least a half dozen welding books on my shelf but those "Dummy" books cut through all the fluff.

/ Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts) #3  
Okay pros ... let me have it. :eek:

Yes, my tractor and ag journey is leading to a desire to be able to weld pipe fence, repairs, and some fabrication.

So, I read some posts, realize I don't even the terminology and go to the bookstore looking for a book with a good glossary of terms.

My first question for the store clerk ... do you have a Welding book from the Dummies line of books.

It is being released October 8th (or a date close to that ... they'll call me when it arrives)!! :thumbsup:

I don't know if you've looked, but there are literally thousands of YouTube videos on welding, some in tutorial form, some asking for input, etc. You get what you pay for of course, and you'll find that the comments, no matter the skill level of the person working, will always be along the lines of 'you suck/that's not how you do it/we learned that in first grade', but it can be helpful to correlate with what you pick up from the book...especially while you're shopping for a welder. :)

/ Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts)
Good idea. I'll take a look at the Youtube vids.

A glossary of terms will make a big difference in my learning curve since I tend to be the sort that (reads instructions before starting), first, needs the whole picture and then can fill in with the details and experience. :confused2:

/ Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts) #5  
Nothing will be a better teacher than practice(x3)...along with the manual for whatever welder you have...

/ Welding for Dummies - October 8th release (or thereabouts) #6  
Lincoln had a great book that I used in college many years ago. Most of the companies have books available and I am sure by now CD's on line learning etc.