Well don't that just beat all!

/ Well don't that just beat all! #1  

gwstang

Platinum Member
Tractor
1952 Ford 8N / Kubota L2501
I've been limping around for about two weeks after hurting my foot trying to get over some running water in a parking lot. It hurt, but I just keep going. I'm off this week so I went to the doc in a box and he came in the room after looking at xrays and said, "You must be one tough old bird"...it's broken and in a bad spot too. He sent me to the ortho guy and he put me in one of those large black boots. Said to wear it for two weeks and return and see how/if it is healing. Next will be some cutting and then a cast...hope it starts healing as I hate the thought of getting hacked on...lol :mad: Dang, this turning 60 is getting rough. How the heck do I drive the tractor with this boot on? I'm not one to lay around when I'm off. :confused2:

/ Well don't that just beat all! #2  
Do not over do it. I went back to work after breaking the outside bone on my left lower leg. One day off for the doctor. Said it would be okay except for the pain. 8 years later I had a hip replacement on that leg do to a gait disturbance. Can not complain because the old lady said I was nuts. Try to let it heal.

/ Well don't that just beat all! #3  
Next time take your shoes off and enjoy the water! Be a kid again!

Sorry to hear about the injury. My prayers are with you. Nothing worse than feet hurting - doing anything is pain.

/ Well don't that just beat all! #4  
When I had a boot on my right leg I turned a litte to the right and used my left foot to drive the BX. No problem.

/ Well don't that just beat all! #5  
" How the heck do I drive the tractor"
Don't worry you'll find a way... as many as of us did.

/ Well don't that just beat all! #6  
Hi,

Last July I fell ten feet onto concrete and ended up with a broken heel on the left foot.

Anyway, the orthopedic doctor said his experience was that recovery with or without surgery, for my injury type, had about equal results. I elected to do nothing but follow his instructions and wear the boot provided. It was a MAJOR problem because we were leaving for vacation in England three weeks after the accident.

Anyway, the point being that surgery is not always needed. Although I had to use a wheelchair for probably two months, I have now forgotten about injuring the foot. Totally back to normal. Sounds like yours may also self heal fine, as you are able to use it. Mine took a bit longer to get to that point...

Happy recovery!

Bill

/ Well don't that just beat all! #7  
I broke my right foot a few years ago during the winter. Needed surgery to put some hardware in. Then it snowed and we had about 18 inches. The wife said she'd plow with the 5030 Kubota but I wasn't about to let that happen. So, using crutches which were almost useless with all the snow, I made my way to the barn. I started the tractor and let it warm up and found I could use my left foot quite easily with the hst.

So, as Thomas said, where there's a will, there's a way.

Anyway, there was no way the wife was going to mess with my tractor!

/ Well don't that just beat all!
I used the tractor quite a bit today cutting all the trails on my property. I also went across the road and cut my oldest son's area. It is easier on the foot just sitting on a tractor than walking around. I'm just one of those people that does not like to sit around. I always have something that needs doing on the 69 acres I have left. I'm praying that I won't need surgery. The doc did show me some other areas on my foot bones that had injuries from the past.