Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow

/ Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow #1  

Flatheadyoungin

Veteran Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45 Shuttle
I found this on Cragislist about 2 hours from me. I've been watching plows for several months and just wasn't willing to pay what they were bringing....plus I didn't know what to look for, plus I wanted to make sure parts are available, etc.

Well, Farmwithjunk told me it looked pretty good and that he'd be on it "like white on rice." So, for $200, about $20 in gas money and a Happy Meal for my daughter, I got it home.

The guy said he put new shares on it and painted it about 14 years ago. It has been stored under something all it's life. He claimed that he only plowed 4 acres, twice, with it after putting new shares on it. Was quite a nice fella and worth the drive.

The only thing it needs is the trailing wheel (name??) welded. It has 2 or 3 cracks in it. Nothing me and the little Lincoln can't fix......

Here are some pics....

So farm my tractor with BH, my 8' scraper blade, my SHD 88" flail and now my 2 bottom plow has come from Craigslist......and that's just my tractor stuff.......Oh, and that flail knife sharpener came from there too......even though it doesn't seem to fit my knives.....

Attachments

• 3nb3of3paZZZZZZZZZ953312c5fcb0f5518d3.jpg
    3nb3of3paZZZZZZZZZ953312c5fcb0f5518d3.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 298
  • 3ne3p83o7ZZZZZZZZZ953c8048f84d88c187d.jpg
    3ne3p83o7ZZZZZZZZZ953c8048f84d88c187d.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 274
   / Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow #2  
"Tail wheel".....

Oh great....now if there's a problem, I have my fingerprints on the smoking gun. ;)

Good luck with it. I think you got a good buy in light of what decent plows are selling for nowdays.

/ Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow #3  
I can't imagine not being extremely pleased with that deal! Have fun with it! :p

Troy

/ Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow #4  
Nice plow and a good deal I would say.
Also considering my extensive experience in plowing for years and years, or at least a couple of months, :D I would say, based on what my new shares look like after more than 15 acres, and judging by what I can see of your shares, that it's plowed more than 8 acres (4 acres twice) on those shares
Still a nice plow though.

Isn't that "tail wheel" called a rolling landslide

/ Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow #5  
You're good to go! Exact plow we had when I grew up...If he only had 8 acres on the shares (and depending on the ground type) you shouldn't need new ones for quite a while if you aren't planning on doing the "south 40" next week....Good on ya! PS: take the tail off and and use the plow without it untill you can get it fixed or replaced; and there should be mud scraper attached to the front edge of the tail wheel....BobG in VA

/ Well, finally picked up a 2 bottom plow
Well, when I asked him on the phone about the shares/points condition.....he said, "they're not too bad...." So I was thinking it would need a set (even though I won't use it much and if I did it would be a few years). However, went I got there, he still down played them that they were worn but then said it had plowed 4 acres twice and the neighbor's small garden the other day....

I'll use 'em till they fall off.....or something like that!:D

Nice plow and a good deal I would say.
Also considering my extensive experience in plowing for years and years, or at least a couple of months, :D I would say, based on what my new shares look like after more than 15 acres, and judging by what I can see of your shares, that it's plowed more than 8 acres (4 acres twice) on those shares
Still a nice plow though.

Isn't that "tail wheel" called a rolling landslide