Well Houses

/ Well Houses #21  
If you do insulate a pump house I suggest U use foam insulation vs wool as the little critters will love nesting in the wool especially if U have any heat.
Also treated wood would be preferred, again due to humidity issues.

/ Well Houses #22  
   / Well Houses #23  
Just another example of things mentioned here. This little brick house was build in the 40s or 50s. The roof is lite enough one person can lift off. Everything is easily serviced. It does require heating in the winter. We have a thermostat that turns on the incandescent lights at < 40F. We've also used the ceramic reptile heaters that fit the light bulb sockets.

14429567018_9bcc8ef548_b.jpg

14429795857_516171ee41_b.jpg

/ Well Houses #24  
Multiple bulbs = smart move as bulbs tend to burn out.

Another suggestion is to use the small ceramic heaters that work on 110VAC (like 5 or 6 inches wide and high and about 4 inches thick.
Most have a crude thermostat and 2 speed fans but work very well with the advantage of blowing the warm air throughout.
Generally rated at 1500 watts in max setting.
The concept is a ceramic heater up front with a 5 x 5 muffin fan to circulate the heated about.

LOL, I had one installed in my well and come spring the water rose and the ceramic heater was totally submerged.
I dried it off and to this day it still is operational but I only use it in closely supervised situations. Never unattended. (like alongside if working outdoors on the tractor)

/ Well Houses
Multiple bulbs = smart move as bulbs tend to burn out.

Another suggestion is to use the small ceramic heaters that work on 110VAC (like 5 or 6 inches wide and high and about 4 inches thick.
Most have a crude thermostat and 2 speed fans but work very well with the advantage of blowing the warm air throughout.
Generally rated at 1500 watts in max setting.
The concept is a ceramic heater up front with a 5 x 5 muffin fan to circulate the heated about.

LOL, I had one installed in my well and come spring the water rose and the ceramic heater was totally submerged.
I dried it off and to this day it still is operational but I only use it in closely supervised situations. Never unattended. (like alongside if working outdoors on the tractor)

Thank guys for all your input