Well Pump Electrical Problem

/ Well Pump Electrical Problem #21  
Pulling too many amps causes the overload to trip, not the breaker. Again, this is easy if you just use an ohm meter to check for a short.

/ Well Pump Electrical Problem
Sorry guys, I can't give any more details about the pump or the wiring. They live an hour from me and I only get over there every few weeks.....and.....despite being a decent weekend-warrior mechanic and carpenter I am an idiot when it comes to electricity.

@workinonit , I live below Charlotte. They live in the middle of nowhere between Winnsboro and Newberry.

I think right now, if we (me and them) decide to try anything ourselves other than checking pump verses breaker specs, it will be to run a continuous (unspliced) above ground wire to the well head and see what happens.

/ Well Pump Electrical Problem #24  
400ft sounds like voltage drop from too small of wire, or water shorting the wire splice.

/ Well Pump Electrical Problem #25  
I've got a well, along with my depth and distance from the pump, probably close to 400'. I did a simple resistance reading across the coils and from the coils to ground. The readings i got were very close to the resistance specifications for the 1 hp pump has across the starting and running coils. With that i was pretty sure my pump and wiring was ok. Not absolutely sure, but if my reading had been very different from the specifications, i'd know there was a problem with the pump or the wiring. Turned out i had a problem in the "pumptek" module.