Wet wood roads

/ Wet wood roads
approximately where in quebec are you? how deep are you sinking in with the tractor. If it didn't used to be like that chances are that it is just organic material built up like you think. I would start by scraping a small section and seeing how thick the organic matter is. and if you get to any gravel down below.
Close to north Maine border. Good advice I think.

/ Wet wood roads #22  
This is my guess, drainage can be improved for sure but years ago this road wasn’t becoming that slusshy after minimal rain like today. I’m actually wondering what the impact of a back blade would be. Once you beging and create a mess you have to handle it !!
The more you drive on a failing road the worse it's going to get. Soggy spring or fall days are great days to put ruts in and ruin a road. Wait for the ground to freeze.

My roads arnt gravel, sand and I dont have any drain pipes. I have no outs because when conditions are bad I dont drive on them. When there good I try to get as much done as possible.

/ Wet wood roads #23  
Mr. Fishin, can I kindly ask what are the details on your road fabric?

Interested in Brand, product description and size of the material rolls, if you have it handy.

Thanks,
Terry

I’m working with 6’ wide, 300’ long rolls.

They sell 12‘ wide, but the 6’ is much easier for me to work with.

The stuff that I’m using is WF200 geotextile fabric. I’m ordering it from Amazon.

Here is a link….

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CD63H5E?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

/ Wet wood roads
it’s too late to do anything now, next spring once it dry up then you could try to scrape it off … by back blade do you mean a 3 point hitch back blade ? that would work after multiple pass …
Yes 3 pts hitch back blade.

/ Wet wood roads
The more you drive on a failing road the worse it's going to get. Soggy spring or fall days are great days to put ruts in and ruin a road. Wait for the ground to freeze.

My roads arnt gravel, sand and I dont have any drain pipes. I have no outs because when conditions are bad I dont drive on them. When there good I try to get as much done as possible.
Oh yes fully agree

/ Wet wood roads #26  
Road fabric and rock.

Use enough rock to have a peek the middle of the road with gentle slope off both sides without getting to thin with rock on the edge of fabric to maintain road surface integrity.

/ Wet wood roads #27  
so somewhere in the Beauce. Your english is pretty good. I found my tractor in saint-georges. Had been looking for 2 years for a clean one.

/ Wet wood roads #29  
Ditches will also help carry the water away.

/ Wet wood roads #30