What’s an acceptable range?

/ What’s an acceptable range? #11  
My fusion gets about 500 miles. I'll take it. Our superduty, not so much. If I drive it, maybe 330 miles or so, wife gets better of course she drives miss daisy

/ What’s an acceptable range? #12  
My fusion gets about 500 miles. I'll take it. Our superduty, not so much. If I drive it, maybe 330 miles or so, wife gets better of course she drives miss daisy
Is that SD gas?
My '97 PSD (4x4 CC LB, no lift other than factory + bigger tires) will comfortably get 450 with a bit of margin, not towing... way too far for driving that thing in one go!

/ What’s an acceptable range? #13  
I would like 500 with a 10% extra for safety margin.

The BMW gets 500 but the Toyota more like 400 and the van with the 36 gallon tank is also about 400 on a good day.

My longest drive is 850 miles and stopping twice is the norm.

/ What’s an acceptable range? #14  
I remember dad borrowing a Chrysler Town and County station wagon 1973 vintage for a weekend trip… we liked it but dad said never again… he calculated sub 10 and I think it was less than 9 mpg with a 440???

The Olds Vista Cruiser wagon with 350 was much better in range and mpg…

/ What’s an acceptable range? #15  
I remember dad borrowing a Chrysler Town and County station wagon 1973 vintage for a weekend trip… we liked it but dad said never again… he calculated sub 10 and I think it was less than 9 mpg with a 440???

The Olds Vista Cruiser wagon with 350 was much better in range and mpg…
HA! My great uncle used to have a Chrysler wagon with the big engine. He'd load a printing press into the rear ( well over 1000 pounds) and drive it from Florida to Wisconsin every spring, and make the return trip in the fall. I can only imagine what his mileage was! :p

/ What’s an acceptable range? #16  
Some of you guys must really be into hypermiling. I don't think I've ever gotten more than 350 or so on any vehicle I've ever owned...maybe 400 if I really push it.
The ones that were better on gas compensated by having a smaller tank.

/ What’s an acceptable range? #17  
I top off at the freeway on ramp and can drive 850 miles without seeing a stop sign if I had the range...

It's all freeway from Oakland CA to where I go in Washington.

Sone cars 1 fill up along the way... other cars need a second gas stop except when I drove 1967 Fleetwood with 425 I stopped 3 times!

/ What’s an acceptable range? #18  
I top off at the freeway on ramp and can drive 850 miles without seeing a stop sign if I had the range...

It's all freeway from Oakland CA to where I go in Washington.

Sone cars 1 fill up along the way... other cars need a second gas stop except when I drove 1967 Fleetwood with 425 I stopped 3 times!
Similar here. There's one stop light about 1/4 of a mile from my house. Then no lights for 800 miles on our trips to OK. Gosh, I love freeways! (y)

/ What’s an acceptable range? #19  
When I grew up in Northern Vermont a range of < 100 miles /day was sufficient. Now that I live in Northern Va. and am retiring (someday) to Mississippi I need a much longer range.
We used to drive the 900 mile trip in one long day routinely.
My best vehicle for that was my recalled VW jetta TDI that would give me about 700 miles per tank (14.5 gallons), second best was my Ford 6.3L diesel maxivan, that would give me about 600+ miles per fillup, (38 gallons). Back in the day we made many trips to and from Mississippi in 1 day with both my wife and I sharing driving.
To me the requirement for range greatly depends on the time it takes to replenish the fuel source. If I could DEPEND on being able to pull off the highway, go to the fuel stop, start fueling up, do my toilet duties and grab some food and be back on the road in 15 minutes to finish a 600 mile trip it would be OK.
But if I have to wait hours or overnight to fuel up it's a no-go.
My present prime drives get about 400+ miles per tank, but I make it a rule to fill at 1/4 tank.

/ What’s an acceptable range? #20  
Must be some pretty big gas tanks in some of these vehicles.

My saturn....10gal tank....35-40 MPG.....350-400 range
Wifes nissan 12 gal tank...30-35MPG......360-420 range
My ram......52 gal tank....8mpg towing....416 range (11-12mpg not towing so ~600)
Our last jeep compass 2.4L....12gal tank....26 MPG....little over 300
Current acadia 3.6L....23-24MPG and 20gal tank....so "close" to 500

I really never had a car with much over a 10-12 gallon tank so a 350 MPG range has always been about the norm for me