What a difference a day makes

/ What a difference a day makes #1  

hwp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F2400
Early yesterday morning it was mild (about 5 deg. C) and overcast. Then the temperature started to drop, then it started to rain, then came freezing rain, then ice pellets and then snow overnight. It is currently about -5 deg. C and snowing modestly. What a mess! The total snowfall is less than 3 inches but the ice under the snow makes clearing decks, driveways, etc. rather difficult. Using the snowblower is overkill but it beats the alternative. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ What a difference a day makes #2  
Howard,
Last week we got 16" of snow. A lot for us at any one time.
Then it warmed up and started raining. Yesterday it was in the 40's (F) with thunder and lightning. Right now it's been snowing for a few hours and we'll end up with 4" by morning. This has been a strange few weeks.

Jerry

/ What a difference a day makes #3  
Seventy-one degrees yesterday, 2 inches of snow this morning. I am glad it didn't last long or I may have liked it /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Patrick

/ What a difference a day makes #4  
In my field, the snow is ranging from about 2" deep to 16" deep. It's gotten so hard now that I can walk across it without even leaving footprints. It was sunny again today (about the 4th or 5th day in a row), but the temp stayed in the upper 20's or so. Not bad anyplace away from the wind. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve

/ What a difference a day makes #5  
to paraphrase the header - "what a difference a few miles make"
I'm somewhat to the east of Steve ... and when I got back from Indiana on Saturday night ... I found that my pasture is completely bare.
I left Michigan City (Indiana) at 5:10 PM on Saturday ... drove 50 miles on dry pavement, suddenly encountered ice on the freeway (noticed that because I started to notice cars in the ditch) ... then snow ... then a lot of snow ... then a lot of snow and 30-50 mph crosswinds (that's FUN in a minivan!) ... more snow ... completely covered freeway ... light snow ... wet roads ... and - 20 miles from home ... no snow whatsoever. Dry to horrible and back to dry in 277 miles.
I have this bad feeling we're in for another drought year in my area!
It was so nice on Friday (mid-40's) that I almost took the Goldwing rather than the minivan. It dawned on me halfway back home that I was rather glad my wife had talked me out of it ... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

pete