What a new experience today

/ What a new experience today #1  

Gregster613

Platinum Member
Southern Ca. halfway up a mountain in rural Ramona
Tractor
273 TYM. 2009 //Yardmachines 7 Speed Shift-on-the-goScotts L2048
I recently bought a new EU2000 predator generator and it is just fine to run; so I did some work with it today, fence line trimming etc.., etc.., then I went to get the 273 to clean up the minor droppings. Yesterday, (when I put her to sleep for however long it might be) not a nibble of any problems....but, when I started her up and went through my every time start-up hydraulic functions to warm up the system...I could not curl down.
What is going on, I think. I disassemble the joystick assembly. All seems to be okay there....so down to the spool valve wire connection and boy is that top allen-head screw hard to get at! Anyhow, the cable attachment to the wire spool holder had somehow unscrewed itself. I suppose that while I first installed it I screwed in and out the holder several times trying to get it into what I "thought" was the right position and didn't pay attention to holding the cable from rotating and it must have worked itself out to the last couple of threads. Then it somehow worked past the last threads and came uncoupled. I could curl up but not dump.
I messed with it all afternoon and now it's back in operating condition. I just wanted to inform anyone working on their loader spool valve to be sure to hold the wire cable housing with a pair of channel locks and keep it from turning (either direction) as you seat the housing over the cable end so that it "does not" come unscrewed!! It will save you from much grief later on. Lesson learned by me.
Happy Tractoring. Greg