What About This Idea ??

/ What About This Idea ?? #4  
I thought about getting one when I bought my tractor but I didn't have enough money. So I ended up just getting the Photon Torpedo's.

/ What About This Idea ?? #5  
Heck, for 5 large, maybe I'll order 2 or 3 of 'em. :laughing:

/ What About This Idea ??
No Joke . Not really foggy here yesterday morning , more like low clouds plus the fact that I was working next to a smoking slash pile I had burning . Any way , I got my tractor ( TC30 HST ) stuck between 2 tree's . Not side to side stuck but Front to Back Stuck !:confused:

Was going between a oak tree and one of our fences , Watching the FEL swing so it would not catch on the fence as I was backing up and turning downhill , when Wham !! Backed the boom on the back hoe right into another oak . O.K. No Big deal just go Forward . Wham !! FEL hits oak that I originally was going around .:confused2: WTF !!

Had to get off the tractor for a few minutes as my eyes were watering from the smoke and as my eyes and fog/smoke kind of cleared , here sits our tractor with a oak about 4" in front of the FEL and another dead center on the back hoe boom touching it .:ashamed:

With the rain we got this last week , around our burn area is bare soil so that bare soil , which is a clay type , was slick like ice . Tractor had slid downhill slightly as I was going backwards and when I backed into the first tree , the front had slid down more .

Took all of maybe a minute to get it out , just pulled FEL up against tree in front to give room to swing back hoe . A few forward and backs after swinging the back hoe got me clear in the front on the downhill side then back to work .

All in All , a Slight slow down . Would of been no big deal if Better half would of not been home .:( She called neighbor , who walked over , then both of them watched and were lobbing ideas at me on how NOT to do that again .:confused2:

Can't remember which said it first , but then both of them were like " YEAH , RADAR for your tractor " !

As they say " Payback is a ***** " . I'll remember next time when they need me to weld something , move something with tractor , or whatever , then it will be my turn .:licking:

Fred H.

/ What About This Idea ?? #7  
*laughs*, i don't need no stinking radar. all i ran over was a 5" thick maple tree.

just got the tractor and wasn't use to the size, and a couple days later. moving some dirt, went to avoid the well then went to avoid a pump pit for lake water, then the water hydruant. and before ya know it, i was across the yard. but no tree to avoid!

to be honest, i honestly didn't see the tree! the bucket needed to be raised up some, the sun was in my eyes, and the windows were broken out when i got it, and i had some plexi glass laying around that was scratched up some. so glare plus scratchs in it. didn't help. plus the exhaust pipe. oh did i mention that when i installed the plexi glass in the front, the next day when i moved it. it put a crack clear down it. and i had to silicon a couple strips of plexi glass on both sides to keep the plexi glass window in it and the silicon hadn't dried clear all the way yet.

year or 2 later, the tree is still alive, but it has a nice knob in it. and a nice scare going down one side. were some barked got removed. it has a little lean in it. due to the ropes and posts that were put on it to straighten back out. had to be rather tight.

/ What About This Idea ?? #9  
Go for it Fred.

I want to hear how it works out.

:thumbsup:

Wyo

/ What About This Idea ?? #10  

Eh, when I think of ROPS mounting, I generally have something more like this in mind:

samson_rcws.jpg

JayC