What attachment will remove rocks from field

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #1  

eatenabean

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1643
I have about 2 acres that I want to turn into a lawn. The problem I have is I live where rocks love to grow. Now, I keep it cut with a bushhog at about 6 to 10 in depending on the size rock I see in front of me. I have tried to use my boxblade and I get the rocks up, but turn over more rocks. The size of rocks are about softball size.

Would a landscape rake work on this or are the rocks to big for the rakes to handle. All the pictures I have seen these rakes in, they are spreading gravel not big rocks.

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #2  
I'd be looking at hitting it with the box blade and bring them up!!!!! Even a field cultivator if possible!

Then I'd hit it with a Harley rake and you should be fine!

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #3  
Can anybody post a picture of what a Harley Rake looks like...? Speaking of pictures, what equipment do I need to be able to post a picture. I have a scanner. You see, this computer and scanner etc was my wife's who passed away and now I am learning how to use it.

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #4  
This is a Harley Rake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzxTa2odFFI Never used one but they look amazing. We have used a box or scraper blade to bring them up and then a landscape rake to gather them into rows for scooping up but it takes time.

Maybe hire somebody who has commercial equipment and can do it quickly and properly.

As for the pictures, you have to determine a place on your computer to store your pictures. Your scanner probably will automatically select one. When you want to copy a picture off the internet it will save it someplace too, you can select the same place without too much work.

Then, to add a pic to a post click on the "paper clip" icon above. It will give you a pop up window and click "browse" and find the place you store your pictures. Then click on the picture you want to add to your post and it will upload it.

NOTE: Pictures are a type of file that can be HUGE and hard for some people to view. You should learn to resize pictures to make them smaller before you add them to posts. There are posts on TBN about this if you do a search. I use "Irfanview" and you can get it free off the internet and it's really easy to use.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #5  
..............Then, to add a pic to a post click on the "paper clip" icon above. It will give you a pop up window and click "browse" and find the place you store your pictures. Then click on the picture you want to add to your post and it will upload it.
...........QUOTE]

I'm not seeing a "paper clip" icon. What system are you using to get that?

I go to "manage attachments" to bring up the browse window.

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #6  
Thanks jimmiyj and beenthere. I sort of get the "picture"...pun intended.:) But from the directions, it looks like overhauling an old rusty tractor would be easier and less frustrating. Maybe one of my sons could get me going on this. Those of you who post picture sure help this site. Now the YouTube thing says that I need to upgrade my Adobe....whatever that is. Oh well, I think that I saw a picture of the Harley Rake and it looks awful expensive for just an occasional homeowner usage. The area I need to tend isn't big and I'm used to the stoop labor scene.:) I will heed your suggestions when my son(s) gets me going.

/ What attachment will remove rocks from field #7  
How about renting a rock picker. I rented and used the Loftness "Kwik Pik" on my skid steer. Did a wonderful job. Worked good for picking firewood too. Lot of companies have pickers but I am only familiar with the Loftness. Most companies make pickers that are for tractors as well as skid steers. Seems my rental was about $100 a day, but it did a weeks worth of hand labor in less than a day.

Loftness > Rock Pickers > Kwik-pik > Photos