What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #61  
1996 Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new back when the only game in town was a golf cart, John Deere Gators; 4x2 single cylinder or 6x4. I felt not enough motor in the jD 4x2, plus no 4wd, and did not like the concept of the 6x4. I looked severel years before I bought. I told the John Deere dealer if they made a 4x4 similar to the Kawasaki Mule they would sell a ton ( back in 1994). They told me it would never happen, buy the 6x4. They finally have a Gator that I would love to have.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #62  
I just spent $250 getting my son's 98 300 Arctic Cat up and running...
It is a 2x4 but is a really good unit except for the darn high idle choke...
It is not really a choke but just a high idle lever...
If the darn thing sits for a month it takes a lot to get it running...
Later they put in a primer bulb but not on this model...
Great unit...
Terrible non-choke...

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #63  
I had a Polaris Sportsman 750 that we used for riding around the farm and woods, and then the last few years for snow plowing. I never needed the speed (probably could count on one hand the number of times I used high gear.) Then my wife got an RTV500 that she uses constantly for her gardening.

We found we started to always take the RTV when running around our property as it was just so much more enjoyable to sit side by side and chat, rather than her hanging on in back of me on the ATV. It got to where the Polaris really never moved anymore. Have since given it to my son and daughter in-law who get way more enjoyment and use out of it, and I'm sure they appreciate the higher speeds it's capable of.

DSCN2753.jpg

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #64  
excav8ter said:
I don't mean to hijack the thread....but I am kind of looking for a UTV, I have a $7, 000 budget. Thoughts? I want it for just riding around the fields, woods and some trails, as well as gathering firewood. Top speed is not a priority, but I would like to run around 40.

Polaris ranger 400... See my pic above

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #65  
2012 Polaris Ranger 400. I am very impressed with this machine. Like has been already stated, low cost, great fun and a hard worker.
evildog.jpg

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #66  
They are also not too good for off road use....they ride terrible with out any suspension travel and have a tendency of getting stuck in the soup.

I don't see the comparison between a Gator and a RTV. Certainly they are not in the same class. Owning a 1100 with heat and air I never even considered a Gator. The ride is fine and I use it 100% off road. The snowmobile belt driven models in snow country have limited capabilities.
I have a John Deere tractor and equipment. A Gator, not so much.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #67  
I don't see the comparison between a Gator and a RTV. Certainly they are not in the same class. Owning a 1100 with heat and air I never even considered a Gator. The ride is fine and I use it 100% off road. The snowmobile belt driven models in snow country have limited capabilities.
I have a John Deere tractor and equipment. A Gator, not so much.
I don't know why anyone things having a belt drive atv/utv in the snow is a hindrance,We have four Yamaha's and Kawasaki's and they will go where any HST machine will and maybe more.I think Polaris owners have given belt drives a bad rap.All are machines are 2000-3000miles with original belts,and they are worked hard

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have.
The snowmobile belt driven models in snow country have limited capabilities.
Like what ?
I've ridin snowmobiles for many years and I have an atv with the CVT belt transmission and I have no idea what you are talking about.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #69  
Like what ?
I've ridin snowmobiles for many years and I have an atv with the CVT belt transmission and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Go to " utility off road.com " and meet some owners with wet slipping belts. One is even filing a law suit to get his fixed properly. A relative has one on the farm and when the snow gets to the belt it does not work well. They will work great in Kentucky, no snow and don't cross streams.

/ What ATV, side by side or UTV do you have. #70  
As far as ATVs go my preference is Honda all the way. Have a 2004 Honda Rincon-2700 miles, used for plowing, hauling wood, dirt, hunting, trail riding, and just plain having alot of fun.
DSC00600[1].jpg

Also have a Honda Shadow Aero bike-Maybe looking for a side by side next summer to add to my fleet.