What Backhoe for the CK20S?

/ What Backhoe for the CK20S? #1  

Slackdaddy

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti CK20HST
I don't really like the Kioti subframe setup, I prefer the Woods style were the subframe stays on the tractor.
What size Woods hoe would be a good fit for the CK20
The BH6000 or the Bh70-X

Thanks,
Nick

/ What Backhoe for the CK20S? #2  
I have the Woods BH70-X on my CK35, it is two bolts and off it comes. As you mentioned the sub frame stays on. The BH6000 is an option for you as well. Respectively 7 and 6 foot. I have colored tape around both sets of the hydraulic hoses and the fittings on the tractor for when plugging them back in the right way. :) As well I got the backhoe with the 7 position thumb as I knew I would be picking up logs, brush and firewood rounds. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Woodsbackhoe05.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe05.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 153
  • Woodsbackhoe09.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe09.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 152
  • Woodsbackhoe06.jpg
    Woodsbackhoe06.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 137
   / What Backhoe for the CK20S? #3  
I have the BH6000 backhoe and just love it! Two bolts is all you meed to fuss with to get it on/off. After some practice is only a few minutes to attach/detach. Hss loads of power and seems matched nicely to the CK20S.

/ What Backhoe for the CK20S? #4  
I have a BH70 X on my CK20HST with a thumb works great although it does make it a little light in the front

/ What Backhoe for the CK20S? #5  
This is a little off the point as you have already decided you don't like the Kioti subframe. However, I've owned both (KB2365 on a CK20, Woods BH90X on a DK40se) and I would have to say that while the Woods is definitely more compact so you don't have a big subframe sticking out of a dismounted BH, there are some advantages to the Kioti solution. I don't know about the rest of you but I find attaching the Woods is a lot more finicky than getting the Kioti BH mounted. Millimeters make a big difference when attaching the Woods while you can pretty much line things up within an inch or so with the Kioti and the subframe will slot into place. also the Kioti subframe is, at least for me, easier to manipulate using the stabilizers and arm. I am always over shooting or under shooting when trying to change the three dimensional position of the Woods. I'd guess that I learned to attach the Kioti BH in about 5 minutes after I got used to it. It still takes me a good 15 minutes minimum to get the Woods all lined up and happy on a good day. Mind you this is putting it on and off in the yard on sometimes uneven soil so maybe both would be faster on a concrete slab like in a garage.