Mowing What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #1  

vicory

Tractor
Yanmar 220D
Does anyone know if a Woods 59" belly mower will work on a Yanmar 220d? If so, what parts are needed and does anyone have any pictures. If the Woods 59 won't work, any idea which belly mowers do work?

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #2  
Your 220 is basically same as this 226 other than the transmission. Here is the parts list. Error

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #3  
   / What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #4  
If the Woods doesn't work out, keep your eyes open for a (used) Continental Belton belly mower. They attach via the 3pt hitch and don't need any other mounting hardware. I put a 48" one on my YM186D and it works well. Parts are still available also.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=.....1.1.48.img..16.16.1190.icll5GhXsKg#imgdii=_

I have a Continental Belton KTR-54 that was given to me by my (now ex) father in law. He said he didn't like the cut because the tip speed was too low. It sat outside neglected for many years during and after my divorce. With my new property and huge shop:)thumbsup:) I've gone through it and found the middle blade to have been installed upside down which could explain the poor cut my father in law was getting. I sharpened the blades, greased her up good and now use it on the lawn. I think it gives a very satisfactory cut in much less time than the 42 inch ride-on mower. I'm currently waiting on a serpentine belt which I ordered after I noticed rubber chunks spitting out of the deck while mowing last weekend.

My only complaint is that it's a bit fiddly to get hooked up right on the tractor. It usually takes me 45 minutes or so to get everything adjusted correctly before I head out to mow.

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #5  
>I've gone through it and found the middle blade to have been installed upside down which could explain the poor cut my father in law was getting.

Yeah, that could do it:laughing:

The old one i bought also needed belts and a new spindle, but after fixing those things up, welding in a few strengthening gussets and painting, it has been pretty good. My unit has no wheels, rollers, or anything else attached to the deck (just the steel skids built onto the edge plates), but i haven't found anything else necessary (yet). Even didn't need the chains that came on it.

>My only complaint is that it's a bit fiddly to get hooked up right on the tractor. It usually takes me 45 minutes or so to get everything adjusted correctly before I head out to mow.

Besides the mower height, the other main thing to adjust (as you probably know) is the 3pt toplink length, to control the "pitch" of the deck. On mine, i have a dedicated toplink, adjusted so the deck part can tuck up under the tractor as high as possible (deck has about 7" of ground clearance when fully raised). In this fully raised position the long belt does contact the belly of the tractor though, so i always shut off the PTO before fully raising.

If you do somehow find that the "tip speed is too low", do you have a multi-speed PTO?

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #6  
I do have a multi-speed PTO, but the mower manual says to run it only in the low speed setting. I compensate a bit by running the tractor at a higher RPM than the mark on the tach, and I seem to be getting satisfactory results.

My mower came with the anti-scalp wheel kit for the leading corners of the mower, but I just realized that I also need the height adjustment bushings so the wheels don't just travel up and down in their guides. I might look for some really large fender washers to use rather than order up the bushings. It hasn't been a problem for the lawn since it is all pretty level, but I have a pasture area that I mow as well which has some woop-de-doos on it and I catch a rock or two at times.

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #7  
I run my Woods finish mower in 2nd pto speed but I adjust the throttle to achieve 540pto rpm which is 1600 engine rpm on my 2002d. If in heavy cutting I may have to go in 1st speed with high rpm but that is not normal for my cutting.

/ What Belly Mower will work with a Yanmar 220D #8  
New B-100 belt installed last night and I shot about 10 more pumps of grease in each of the sheaves. Pulled the blades and sharpened them with the HF angle grinder and reinstalled them. Then spent about 30 minutes (I'm getting better) getting the mower back on and adjusted. I ran a couple of laps around the lawn to check the cut and realized that it was about 20 minutes to 10pm and my neighbor gets up early to go to work, so I shut 'er down for the night.